Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Alan Woody Reeves

Door latch on Frigidaire dryer fell into unit - FAQE7077KW0. How to repair?

7 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

My wife closed the door a bit too hard on our dryer.  The latch inside that catches the door fell back into the unit.  Since then, my wife has made a practice of taping the door shut with packing tape, which I think you will agree is just not the long-term solution that I wish to deal with.

How does one go about opening the unit, and do we know at this point whether I can use the existing latch or will I have to replace the one that's fallen?

Thanks in advance,

ACR

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Part number: AP2107362

Is this the part you are describing? If so there is a demo video to watch. No need to take the dryer apart. Don't worry about the piece that fell into the dryer. It won't hurt anything.

Edited by SANTA

here is the catch

It's easy to just pick up the latch and press it in place.  The other one is probably broken.  If you click on this link to the part you will have an option to see how the repair is made.  very easy

Doc

That looks like it is certainly the part.  The video would seem to indicate that disassembly of the dryer is in fact required, but my dryer looks nothing like the one in the video.  I would guess I can just pop it in.  Ordering the part and I will let you all know how it goes!

your's is already out, so no need to remove anything, just put the new one in.

Doc

That did the trick!  Thanks to all!

Good to know!

Thanks for the up-date.

Doc