Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frigidaire FEF455BBA Service Manual Request

the Surface Burner Elements on the unit, have a solid flat surface, I need to replace one so i was hoping the Manual will tell me if the one shown here, is encased inside the one I see on the machine.

it appears the Drip pans are different to.

R0206044-00003.png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Budget Appliance Repair

• brm

If you don't know the history behind were those elements came from it might be difficult to find replacements! The range is a 2002 model it appears from the parts list.

The only parts listed in the manufactures parts list is exactly what you see in the parts break down picture, (Standard coil elements).

If you elements look like the solid European elements those would be aftermarket units that were available a long time ago, I don't know if they are still available or not, (I think I recall seeing them in one of the mail order junk catalogs recently).

I have an old parts catalog from 2001 that list the replacement "Cast Iron European Style Elements", they were made by QBProducts which I believe is still making aftermarket products, (I don't know if these part# are good anymore or not - Universal 6" with stainless trim ring 5007908 and Universal 8" with stainless trim ring 5007907.  They also had ones specifically for GE models and also with black porcelain trim rings and two special ones with only the black trim rings, one 6" and one 8" that were made to go over the position in the rear if the oven vented out the center of the element).

I did a quick check on AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic, they both have the parts above listed as available but not in stock, ($75-$85 each and no pictures).  Looks like they are made by ERP, (Exact Replacement Parts), now.

A picture of what you have might help someone identify exactly what you have.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair