LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Hobart LXiH Dishmachine - no rinse aid

jeremyb

So we have a Hobart LXiH installed at home (the best dishwasher ever!!) and it will not feed the rinse aid (it has been several months since it has worked). I noticed a kink in the rinse aid feed line and thought there might be a pin hole so I replaced it.

The other day the detergent also stopped feeding so I replaced the tubing that goes through the detergent and rinse aid pumps with OEM parts (thinking this might resolve the rinse aid not feeding). Replacing the tubing through the pumps has resolved the issue with the detergent not feeding, but the rinse aid still is not feeding.

This machine has pumps that look like a shaft with a set of rollers that roll on the tubing and that is what pumps the chemicals.

The other odd thing about the rinse aid is that there is actually water coming out of the input end of the rinse aid feed line when the rinse aid pump cycles on. I also notice that if I pull the tubing that goes through the pump and disconnect the feeder line and cycle the machine on water comes squirting out of the rinse aid line.

Help here would appreciated.

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeremyb

• certified tech group 51

Top Posters In This Topic

Peristaltic pump is what this machine uses........... check the  out put line inside the tub, should be up high at the rear of the tub, clogged????  Do not know how water could enter the line, should be full of chemicals..................Pumps actually rotating????......................Hot water sanitize or is this a chemical sanitize?????...........................Hobart will coming out with a "Purchase Information" program soon, Kinda like Whirlpool does for technical info..........Cannot wait...... :thumbsup: ............

Peristaltic pump is what this machine uses........... check the  out put line inside the tub, should be up high at the rear of the tub, clogged????  Do not know how water could enter the line, should be full of chemicals..................Pumps actually rotating????......................Hot water sanitize or is this a chemical sanitize?????...........................Hobart will coming out with a "Purchase Information" program soon, Kinda like Whirlpool does for technical info..........Cannot wait...... :thumbsup: ............

Pumps are working and attemptng to prime during fill cycle. Boiling water SQUIRTS like it is under pressure (during the rinse cycle) out of the rinse aid tube (the part coming from the wash tub). It is a  hot water sanitize machine.

It seemed like the detergent was coming thourgh before and now it does not seem to be getting detergent again. I have no idea what the problem is. Is there any exploded parts drawing of this machine somewhere?

Well I think it is fixed. It looks like the tubing actually was the fix and that I made two mistakes when I replaced it.

1) I accidentally reveresed the inlet and outlet tubes on the rinse aid.

2) I had pushed the detergent tube so far in to the detergent bucket that it had curved up and come out of the solution and was sucking air.

It seems to be working now <<sheepish grin>>