Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
cfscheibler

Bosch WTMC3300US/02 - Indicator Light works, Dryer does nothing!

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to this forum and looking for a little help.

My Bosch WTMC3300US/02 dryer is no longer working.  My wife is peeved and I can't seem to find a solution or even troubleshoot the problem.

The indicator lights all seem to work fine.  I select the cycle, the indicator timer turns on and begins counting down as normal...I even hear the clicking of a relay.

The dryer drum does not rotate and no heat is produced in the unit.  it just sits there with the timer counting down.

Is the motor bad?  Any suggestions on where to begin would be much appreciated!  The sooner the better (before my wife kills me!).

Thank you,

CS

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

May be something as simple as a broken belt Part number: 00491679

Part number: 00491679

Does the drum move back and forth easily by hand?  If yes, that's a good indicator that the belt is broken.  A broken belt will open the belt switch and kill power to the motor.  

The drum doesn't move with ease.  I have opened up the back panel and the belt looks to be intact.

CS

Any other suggestions?

HI, yes.  I tried pushing the red button.  The button seems loose; is this typical?  In other words, it does not seem to push in or stay pushed in.

Thanks,

CS

You need to check continuity through that switch with your meter. 

Just tested it and it seems fine. It has continuity. Any other suggestions?

Now the fun begins!  You graduate to live tests and use your meter and the schematic to figure out where you're losing voltage.  The service manual will help, too:  Bosch WTMC / WTXD Gas & Electric Dryer Training Manual 

Activate door switch with a small screw driver and see if it starts.Instead of door pin.