Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
damit1

GE wall oven jtp18d0d1bb beeping

3 posts in this topic

Unit works fine but the customer says that they find the unit beeping without an error code and the panel is dead. This only occurs then the unit is not being used. My guess is the panel any ideas??

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I'm having trouble with that model number, but it's gonna be either the touch control panel or the ERC.  If nothing is displayed at all (clock, temp, etc) it could be the control.  If the display is normal, and beeping occurs when not in use, a shorted/stuck key in the touch control panel is suspect, but should still result in a fault code being displayed.  The tech sheet may have the proper test for the touch control.

Hey thanks, It didn't manifest anything while I was there and every pad works perfect as well as all the functions... The customer will call when it does it again with error code if visible

thanks again!!