LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

kitchen aid washer mod. kaws850jt4

suampman

The only KitchenAid KAWS850 that comes up is KAW850LQ1 which uses tech sheet 3955763

Suampman needs techsheet 3955180 for the KAWS850JT4, the above LQ1 version uses a completely different timer and has all the different dispensers around the top that activate at the required cycles, the JT4 version is a lower line model without all the extra features, (they use different timers and one different control switch on the console also).

thanks Budget... sometimes it's good if the person looking for a manual and sees a manual in the dl section for a model that is close in model number to advise us as to whether it is compatible or not... Otherwise, if we cannot find the exact manual, we have to first look at the manual for the similar model then look up parts diagrams for the model in question to see if the manual applies or not.... that can be very time consuming. So we may ask whether the manual in the dl section is compatible or not. Many times the searcher can determine that much faster than we can.

To eliminate that step, it would be helpful if the searcher, finding a manual which may look deceptively similar, tells us up front... "xyz manual in the dl section is not compatible". It tells us that theymat least searched and it saves everybody lots of time. Thus is really true for whirlpool products where a different digit 6 or 7 positions into the model number can really make a difference.

Edited by DurhamAppliance
  • Like 1

Just wanted to let you know Durham, I always try to find the info. in the DL section first, and if the number is close, I investigate. Sometimes I may miss it, but that is the real reason I joined this site in the first place, (for info I can't find easily myself). I know my way around tech manuals as I have been troubleshooting machinery and reading code books for the trades since 1978. As you know, even easy stuff can sometimes stump you without the right information.

I do realize It is time consuming for you guys. I some times wonder how you and the others here, find the time to do what you do (helping us mere mortal appliance repairmen with the info. we need) and run a business and run service calls. I have a hard enough time doing the latter, holding down the homestead, and tending to family needs. Anyway, I do appreciate the efforts of everyone who contributes to help guys like me. I wish I had more time and info. to contribute, but for now I'm learning to be a business man and struggling through the growing pains that go with that.

Lastly, I think the washer is fixed. I haven't heard back and when I made a courtesy call, she said it seemed to be working fine. ( I tightened up the pins on the lid switch)(intermittent problem).  If she calls back I will check what Willie suggested in my other post. In the interim if there is a tech sheet around, I could still use it. Thanks.

Edited by suampman