Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Udo

Magic Chef stove / oven failure code F1

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I looked through some of the earlier topics about similar problems with Maytag and Magic Chef stoves and ovens. I received a failure code F1 on the display and it won't go away for more than 15 sec. after I reset the unit.

The F1 appeared after we boiled some water and maybe some water vapor got on the rear display (I was not aware that you are not allowed to boil water on those stoves ;-)).

I got the printed circuit board  with the display out. There are two cables attached to it. One on the right with two white wires and I checked the resistance and it was 1027 Ohm (I read this somewhere on a previous topic). Is that the wire to the sensor? Is it broken? If yes, how to replace it.

On a different website I read the following:

[align=left]F1 [/align]

[align=left]1. Watchdog on board

2. Touch membrane defective [/align]

[align=left]To determine which component is at fault, disconnect ribbon strip. If NO fault code, replace membrane, otherwise replace board [/align]

I disconnected the connector with the two white wires. Same result ... F1 on the display and this horrible peep. I disconnected the other connector (8 wire connector) and the display went dark and no peep.

The rating label has 34HN-A5TKVW and 21 KX19 on it. Which is the model number?

If anybody has some good idea how to attack this and get this stove going again.

Thanks very much!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The resistance you measured was for the sensor-- sounds like it's good. 

You're going to need either the membrane pad or the ERC.  Won't know for sure without your model number. 

Thanks!

Where do I find the model #? Does Magic Chef has a special format for their model# (numbers, letters etc)?

What is the membrane?

Thanks again for the help.

Model number help here.

I believe the model # is

34HN-A5TKVW

The A in the model# is on a separate sticker and placed on top of the metallic name plate.

Thanks!