Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

RECOMENDED BRAND OF WASHER PURCHASE

randywasher

We are tired of HE machines; low water level of washing;

we are tired of stinking odors coming from clothses & washer;

clothses not getting clean;

laundry cycle about 1 1/2 hr instead of 30-45 minutes

requirements:

want simple knobs instead of l.e.d. electronic boards;  

adjustable water level

adjustable temp.

SS tub

simple top loader

thanks for your imput;  it is hot & humid in southeast Texas & we have well water that wont allow a porcelain type tub & loads will sour if left in washer too long; we have used rinse/cleaners etc but just not happy with front loaders & "green" H.E. type

rant is over & I know this wont put $ in the tech's pocket but I bet he still has lotsa business,

randy

<<< we are tired of stinking odors coming from clothses & washer >>>

<<< clothses not getting clean >>>

<<< laundry cycle about 1 1/2 hr instead of 30-45 minutes >>>

What type of washer do you have---a top load or front loader?

A few years ago---LG did a consumer survey.

Consumers that *already* had a front load washer were asked if they'd consider an LG front load washer as their next purchase.

To LGs astonishment---most replied that they'd likely *never* buy a front load washer again,ever.

Complaints of Musty Odor/Long Cycle Run Times/Dingy Whites/Mysterious Leaks onto the floor/Suds Error Message (and interrupted cycle) were rampant.

This prompted LG to take action. 

Nearly every training seminar now covers this subject.

It's very important to know the following...

Correct Detergent Dosage

HE ; (2) Tablespoons Per Wash

HE 2X (double concentrated detergent) : (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X  (triple concentrated detergent) : (1) Teaspoon

Prevents/Reduces...

1) Musty Odor

2) L-O-N-G cycle Run Times (longer than time originally displayed)

NOTE:

This is caused by a hidden/little known software program called: "Suds Kill Mode"

When the Suds Kill program becomes enabled (during the rinse cycle)---the countdown clock will be *stalled* for approximately 30 minutes.

During the Suds Kill "cycle"---a series of programmed actions occurs---designed to reduce the suds level

3) Poor Wash Results (especially whites)

4) Suds Error Message/Interrupted Cycle

5) Suds Leak During the Spin Cycle (varies depending on brand)

Many front load washers now have a special cycle---specifically for cleaning the washer tub (to remove bacteria/soap scum/etc)

Perform a CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months (or more often if needed)

Use "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

If you have an older front load washer that does *not* have the Clean Cycle feature---follow the directions on the Tide Cleaner packet.

I cannot recall the name of the CLEAN CYCLE on the various different brands---these are a few that I remember...

1) LG---Tub Clean Cycle

2) Whirlpool---Washer Clean Cycle

3) GE---Basket Clean Cycle

4)Samsung---Pure Clean Cycle 

Edited by john63

Randy, looks like most of the features you've mentioned can be found in the Speed Queen top load washer.  I haven't had the chance to service the new models (maybe that says something) but perhaps others have.

• Like 1

I will put in a third, YES, for the Speed Queen top loader - about the only fully mechanical control top loader that I can think of that is even still marketed, they are a little on the expensive side - prices seem to run in the high $750 to $900 price depending on if you have to pay shipping or can find one at a discounter with maybe free shipping or close enough to pickup.

The only complaint I have with the Speed Queen top loader, I don't feel the bearings and seals hold up as well as they should - but that seems to be a common problem area for all brands top and front loading now days.

Three listed on AjMadison.com

Our Price

AWN542S

white.png

White $889.00
  • Cycles: 20
  • Width: 25 5/8"
  • Height: 43"
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

5 Reviews

Our Price

AWN412S

white.png

White $789.00
  • Cycles: 8
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

8 Reviews

Our Price

AWN432S

white.png

White $839.00
  • Cycles: 17
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

6 Reviews

All have FREE delivery and some have rebates available and maybe no sales tax depending on where you are located.

• Like 3