Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest edh2000

GE Refrigerator running too long

31 posts in this topic

I laughed so hard corn shot of my nose.  Thanks Gmaxx.  It is obvious you are at one with the Force

I still haven't figured out how freon that is heavier than air goes up into the atmosphere and depletes ozone.  They say the sun breaks down the Freon and it releases chlorine and thats whats depletes the ozone  I think I heard somewhere that the sun creates ozone.  Then again if chlorine is bad for the ozone why not ban pools.  I think them folks over in the city get chlorine in their water.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

without trying to sound too nerdy..... the cfc's get to the atmoshere and start mixing with ozone molecules. ozone is made of 3 oxygen atoms. the cfc's bond with one of them so now you have a plain 2 atom oxygen molecule which doesnot filter out sunrays and therefore the result is global warming and skin cancer patients making plastic surgeons billionaires.

of course thats with the R-12  and other cfc aerosol sprays......the R134 is supposed to be "harmless" and sprays now have alcohol or propane propellants which is helping the teenagers get high off huffing on moms hairspray

[user=5710]bigger hammer[/user] wrote:

without trying to sound too nerdy..... the cfc's get to the atmoshere and start mixing with ozone molecules. ozone is made of 3 oxygen atoms. the cfc's bond with one of them so now you have a plain 2 atom oxygen molecule which doesnot filter out sunrays and therefore the result is global warming and skin cancer patients making plastic surgeons billionaires.

This is exactly what Dupont wants you to believe!

When I was in grad school, working on an M.S. in Environmental Engineering, we studied this "ozone depletion" theory. Interesting thing was that almost all of the EPA studies extant at the time were funded by Dupont (stated at the end of the reports). Dupont's patent on R12 was also about to run out. Oh my, how convenient!

But, hey, the gubmint says R12 is hurtin' them little orzos and, afterall, they're here to hayelp.

One of the things that’s most screwed up about the laws pertaining to recovery of gas such as 134 is this. Below is a product that can be had that’s in their description pure 134a. Now I can buy as much of this as I want, spray it in the air and its all legal. But just let the EPA find out you’re venting 5 or 10 oz of 134 out of a piece of refrigeration equipment and watch them drop the hammer.

Duster134.gif

Did you ever fill a balloon with Freon and drop it?  It falls fast like a rock to the ground.  They need to ban volcanoes,  those are the real polluters.

Now Now..watch what you say little one.  Talking much sense you are.