Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
BrokenSockets

Kenmore (Whirlpool) Apartment size washer problems

3 posts in this topic

Kenmore apartment size washer has been making a roaring noise in spin cycle for a couple of months. About a year ago I replaced 3 broken plastic tub straps to fix knocking against the sides. It is now leaking down the main shaft from the outer tub.

Bearing and Seal? If so, what kind of agrivation and time am I looking at. I also can't seem to find a service manual for this thing.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds very like you have what's known as a "World Washer", but post the model and serial number so we can verify that.

You are likely in for a major project. At times it's not possible to get it taken apart without destroying some expensive parts. The last one I did involved CUTTING the spin basket out. It's a major pain for someone who knows how to do it, a novice is going  to hate it.  :poison:

If it's possible, spend the money towards a full size unit.

Nick

These are made in Mexico and they doth truly sucketh