Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool Cabrio Electric Dryer Model WED6400SW1

jmatthew

Before going further with the manual search, will the WED6400SB1 also work for my WED6400SW1?

I found the cabrio manuals for the -SB1.  I did a search yesterday, but did not get a hit.  should have watched the Masters' video first.

If it will,  then I have the tech sheet and parts list I need.

Edited by jmatthew

Before going further with the manual search, will the WED6400SB1 also work for my WED6400SW1?

If it will,  then I have the tech sheet and parts list I need.

This is where the work starts. What you have to do is go to a site where you can do some cross referencing. I use APP. Look up both model numbers and then pick a part that would be a main functioning and unique part. The main board would be a great part to check between the two models. If the main boards are the same then the manual should be compatible.

The APP cross reference tool comes in handy too!

• Like 1

Thank you Sir.  I will get the APP cross reference tool and do the XRF check.  My wife may be anxious for the dryer to be repaired, but I want to do my repairs, if possible,

• Like 1

No need to do any other cross reference in this case unless the part you are looking for is a cabinet/painted part.

If you're doing appliance repair as your trade it pays to learn what the different part of model numbers reference to.

In all Whirlpool built lines, the last number of a model number is a revision code and it is important - sometimes parts do change signifitely between revsions.  Usually the last one or two letters are just color codes - in your case "B"=Black, the info you found with "W"=White model, (the only things that will be different are painted panels and trim pieces, just different colors - no other difference).

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair
  • Like 2