Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

creating water chiller

douggiestyle

Douggie, the way I got my figures goes way back to mid-70's when I was in school. As I recall,giving a figure of 1 to a tube not fan forced, a fan forced system gets a 3 and a water cooled system gets a 15. Dividing 15 by 3 equals 5. Probably not exactly right but it's a start.An aev keeps a constant pressure in the evaporator. A tev keeps a constant superheat. Aev's are usually used on equipment that has a relatively constant load.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Team Samurai

Still rounding up some info for you, douggie. I should have some real goodies in a couple days.

Sit tight, it'll be worth the wait... I hope. :grunt:

• Team Samurai

[user=1610]douggiestyle[/user] wrote:

%cd%ad%a4%ea%c6%f1%a4%a6%b8%e6%ba%c2%a4%a4%a4%de%a4%b9?TR

108926067_ad7e0d9d64_o.jpg

• Team Samurai

[user=1610]douggiestyle[/user] wrote:

i have to ask.

what is that pic?

I was just having a bad hair day. I feel better now, though. :)

• Team Samurai

That's what I'm asking RSES! I wanted to have access to their Service Application Manual (SAM) online, which has loads of info on all aspects of refrigeration systems in pdf file format. But you have to be a member to do that.

So, on Sunday, I filled out a membership application at the RSES website, www.rses.org, and paid the $101 membership fee with a credit card. Have not heard anything from them and have been completely unable to get a human on the phone despite calling at various times throughout the day. They accept credit card payment of membership but then they have to manually process it? Hang in there, as soon as I get it, you'll have all the goodies you want!

• Team Samurai

Yeah, ain't I special? No, I've been wanting to do it for a while now and your endeavor here provided the opportunity. Ain't no thang.

I got through to RSES this morning and a nice lady there got me all accessified into the SAM. Wading through it now.

Archived