Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
douggiestyle

creating water chiller

38 posts in this topic

Douggie, the way I got my figures goes way back to mid-70's when I was in school. As I recall,giving a figure of 1 to a tube not fan forced, a fan forced system gets a 3 and a water cooled system gets a 15. Dividing 15 by 3 equals 5. Probably not exactly right but it's a start.An aev keeps a constant pressure in the evaporator. A tev keeps a constant superheat. Aev's are usually used on equipment that has a relatively constant load.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

like the holiday inn comment.

Still rounding up some info for you, douggie. I should have some real goodies in a couple days.

Sit tight, it'll be worth the wait... I hope. :grunt:

[user=1610]douggiestyle[/user] wrote:

%cd%ad%a4%ea%c6%f1%a4%a6%b8%e6%ba%c2%a4%a4%a4%de%a4%b9?TR

108926067_ad7e0d9d64_o.jpg

i have to ask.

what is that pic?

I have to ask what did you write and what is that pic?

arigatougozaimasu

thank you

[user=1610]douggiestyle[/user] wrote:

i have to ask.

what is that pic?

I was just having a bad hair day. I feel better now, though. :)

That's what I'm asking RSES! I wanted to have access to their Service Application Manual (SAM) online, which has loads of info on all aspects of refrigeration systems in pdf file format. But you have to be a member to do that.

So, on Sunday, I filled out a membership application at the RSES website, www.rses.org, and paid the $101 membership fee with a credit card. Have not heard anything from them and have been completely unable to get a human on the phone despite calling at various times throughout the day. They accept credit card payment of membership but then they have to manually process it? Hang in there, as soon as I get it, you'll have all the goodies you want!

you did all that for me?

i didnt know you cared.

jeez, now i feel bad :(.

thank you

Yeah, ain't I special? No, I've been wanting to do it for a while now and your endeavor here provided the opportunity. Ain't no thang.

I got through to RSES this morning and a nice lady there got me all accessified into the SAM. Wading through it now.