LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

48XLN036060301 - Open air sensor code

Tone Blair

Carrier central air unit.

Thermostat says sensor problem, checked unit code at board, says open air sensor is bad.

I checked resistance on air sensor, it was open, assuming that there is an open air sensor.

I don't have service manual for this, but i read online, that you are able to turn on/off the open air sensor, so i'm not sure if there even is an air sensor.

Does anyone have service manual on this??

I really don't even know how to use the wall thermostat!!

If it does have air sensor, where is it located?

Thanks!

Durham - haha, I shoulda known you'd chime in. I think we know where to go for service manuals, however what about my Open air sensor that Im having trouble with?

Dan, I believe the open air sensor is for the AC side and from what I've read it helps to determine humidity levels and control fan function.

I guess what I'm really wondering is where it is located?  I guess it can be located in different positions.  I looked around real quick but couldn't find it.

I took a reading at the control and it was definitely open.

I guess ill check with carrier

That would be easy to find then Look on the a-coil for a sensor bulb mounted somewhere on it.

Durham - haha, I shoulda known you'd chime in.

So that means you are aware of the rule but for some reason (whispering "laziness" under my breath) you decided to not follow it?

.. however what about my Open air sensor that Im having trouble with?

My job is to help you even when you don't realize I'm helping you.

First, I know nothing about open air sensors, but what WE both know is that you ask your questions in the repair forums and make a separate post for a manual request.. .. where??

And why is that helping you, you ask? Quite logical... members and staff, who may have access to your manual, usually peruse the manual request forum to see if someone is in need of a manual. That person or persons may not ever read your post in this forum. So you will wait.... and wait.... and wait... then wonder.. "hey.. where's my manual?" To which I would probably chime in by exclaiming "duh!"

Therefore, the proper response to my initial post would be something in the line of "Thanks Durham for reminding me of the correct and best method of obtaining a manual, you're a great help." To which I'd respond "no problem" and you would've avoided one of my long winded sermons. lol

Edited by DurhamAppliance

"Thanks Durham for reminding me of the correct and best method of obtaining a manual, you're a great help." To which I'd respond "no problem" and you would've avoided one of my long winded sermons. lol

You wont get any manuals for HVAC shit anywhere on line but you look around the house and in the area of the inside unit for the dope on it.

Dan, i actually found some literature on line, so im not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but this unit has a coil thermistor, I found that one, and an Outside air thermistor, that can be located under the outside unit, or on a north wall of the building, hopefully I can find the damn thing!!

aint the coil thermistor and an air sensor the same thang?

Edited by Dan Webster

Post a manual request. I think I have a manual that will help, but I'm trying to keep you and I out of trouble with Durham.  :)  

• Like 1

Alamo, feel free to upload the manual to the download section anytime. If you are not sure how to do that, I can help you or you can. just go to the manual forum and link your file and I will add it to the dl library..... thanks!

Edited by DurhamAppliance

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, guys.

Went back today.

Found there was no open air sensor at all, the wires were capped.

Installed new sensor, good to go!