Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE Monogram refrigerator ZISS420DMASS - Service Manual please

atiger

I have found service manual for a similar model ZISS420DR (PUB # 31-9117) in Pot Luck but it does not mention xxxxxxxDM (year 2002) models. Would these two have exactly  the SAME Diagnostic Mode test sequence??? Thank you

Ok... follow along on a typical journey and watch what we do to make this determination... it may help you in the future....

First thing I check is to see if the model number break down in the manual you found explains the meaning of that letter and whether it makes a difference.... and as you stated... D stands for 2002 and M stands for 2004....would they have the same diagnostic procedure?

So I check a parts diagram and compare the two models and find they have a slightly different variation in mainboard (2004 model is an inverter model) but they use the same user interface... therefore, since they are GE's eith the same interface I know they will have the same diagnostic procedure. How do I know this? Well, I always have my handy GE Fridge survival Kit http://appliantology.org/blog/1/entry-730-ge-refrigerator-repair-survival-kit/ (and if you work on GE fridges, there is no reason you don't always have it as well)

One of the manuals in the kit is the Diagnostic Mode Manual for Mutiple GE Models..... it not only shows that GE models with the same user interface uses the same diagnostic procedure but lo and behold.. it actually covers your model.

Then out of pure curiosity, I decided to recheck the download section.... I searched for "GE Monogram" and after looking at the search list, a couple of items jumped out at me.... guess what I found? Three guesses? Well, what are you waiting for.... go take a look youself.

So you see, we go through quite an exercise to answer such a question... it doesn't take any special knowledge, just a little work, patience and some sleuthing, give it a shot and next time you maybe able to find your info as well.

Edited by DurhamAppliance
  • Like 2