Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore Refrigerator (Samsung) 401.41003010

Patricio

A service manual or a fast tract for this unit if available.  A no ice complaint.

Ok.... this is how you can find it....

look up the model at Searspartsdirect... try to cross reference the mainboard using appliance parts pros (full site) ... but it only brings up other Kenmore models...damn... that means we got to do our own cross-referencing. so let's play Sherlock Holmes....

While we are already looking at it, let's grab a screenshot of the mainboard to compare with other samsung models.

On Sears, you see this fridge is a sxs..

Samsung refrigerator model numbers start with R (Refrigerator)then an S for sxs or f (french door) b (bottom mount) M (four door... maybe it may stand for Multiple door but I call them Mutha@#&fs!)

So far we have RS

If it has a three way valve then the next letter will be a G otherwise a number. So let's check out the machine compartment on the Sears' diagram and we see a 3 way stepper valve ... great! This means there are only a couple of Samsung models to compare boards with.

So far we have RSG

Check my Dropbox or Appliantology's library for models beginning with RSG (use wildcard search "rsg*")

And there are two models...let's look at the fast track for the first one... model RSG257AA .... hmmm.. i dunno.... they look sort of different... well the pictures' orientation are different... color seems off... but examining them closely... counting connectors... ah ha! it's the same board. There you have it cross referenced to an RSG257AA. Elementary, my dear Watson... uh... Bro. Patricio

Now , I did not spend all this time and trouble so I could ask you out on a date. Copy this post for future reference 'cause next time you have a Kenmore - Samsung fridge cross reference manual request and you don't attempt to obtain it yourself first and I have to go through all this again... well, we know how that's gonna turn out... lol

http://appliantology.org/files/file/81-samsung-refrigerator-rsg257aa-fast-track-troubleshooting-manual/

Edited by DurhamAppliance
  • Like 4