Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
fountainhead

Whirlpool dishwasher woes

4 posts in this topic

Alright, appliance gurus. I sumbit the following for your consideration:

My dishwasher is a Whirlpool Gold Quiet Wash Plus, model #GU940SCGB2.

I loaded it up tonight, closed the door, and hit Normal wash on the keypad. Nothing happened. I pressed all of the other buttons on the keypad one by one. Nothing happened. No noise, no lights, no nothing. It was as if the machine was unplugged, which I assure you, it was not.

I unloaded it, and to my surprise, I see about an inch of water in the bottom of the machine. I last ran the dishwasher last week, and the dishes were clean as a whistle, and I honestly don't remember if the green light was on that lets me know it is finished.

Any ideas on this?

Is it something major or can I fix it myself?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You might have lost power to the d/w, check for voltage.  Your door switch(s) might have gone out.  You might have blown the fuse on the control board. Your control board might have bit the dust.  I would suspect a door switch or fuse first tho.

Yep, check that power junction box for 120vac.  If that's good, you'll need to check the door switches (item 11, two each). 

Also, this war story from one of my dishwasher battles might encourage you.

Pegi is right. The first thing to do is start at where voltage is present, and follow it into the machine to where it is no longer present. If power is getting to your control board and no power is coming off of it, the odds would be that the board has gone south and taken mama with it.