Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Fedders AES24E7F-C was off(plugged in and beeping?

JGDUSC

Serial EU206227148y

Large window unit that doesn't get used a great deal.  Cools the upstairs man cave when needed.  Found it beeping after going after something I needed.  Unit hadn't been run for a week or more.

Control board COR128P has a little speaker on it beeping loudly. Unit wont do anything but beep.  Nothing on display. Any thoughts on where to start or if I even should?

Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JGDUSC

• applianceman18007260692

Took it out and vacuumed/ washed  it again although it wasn't very dirty.  Tried to start it up with the cover off after vaccuming the fins too.  Same beeping.  Found the manual online that says nothing about beeping.  Any other ideas? Is beeping consistent with cleaning?  Maybe should remove the entire unit for a thorough cleaning?  Thanks!

Still haven't located any info on this beeping unit. Not even a peep about a Fedders beep. Haha. Seems like I must be the first to ever have this type of issue. Sounds about par for my course. To air compressor up and tried to blow out some more but no go. Whie I was in there it did start to start twice. But then just went back to beeping.

Any thoughts on the best mini split. If this one is toast gotta get something installed quickly.

I wonder if the thermistor is open? That is what to check next and clean the corrosion on all the quick connects between the control panel and the thermistor.

Okay at work now but will give her a test when I get home.  Preciate the update. 

I pulled the control board off and have the front sensor  out but not exactly sure how to check.  Is there some chart I should be going by? Ohms 7.86.  Do I need the temp in the room?

Well been up there poking around.  After putting the thermistors back on the board and reassembling unit powered on for a second then on again for 4 seconds (longest yet since I have messing)  Unit has a large heater coil right in front that felt warm like it was coming on.  Strange as I know the last time the unit was on was in ac mode.  Unplugged the heater coil (red and tan from the board)  Plugged it back in one quick beep and then nothing. 

Any more thoughts?  No clue what I am doing with the thermistors but the interior one was 7.50 @86.2 degrees and the exterior one was 8.46. 

Guess I am about to throw in the towel.  Call somebody to take a look but not sure what type of technician specializes in window units? 

Well went upstairs to take picture of control board as a purchase option.  Plugged unit in for giggles.  Started beeping like normal  4 seconds later it attempted to start.  Then again, then for the first time light on key pad then it blew hot air and attempted on off several times then stayed on when I started pressing buttons just freaking out temp would constantly run to max digits  then go to 8 and repeat was able to control fan speed and pressed cool.  Have video but not sure how to post.  Leads me to believe control board?

• 3 weeks later...

Just to follow up I replaced the mainboard and touchpad and all is well.