LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Kenmore refrigerator C978-70802-1: made by Camco GE

Looking for Service manual, Tech sheet, Schematic or Parts diagram.  May be somewhat similar to a GE GDS18LBRABB, so looking for manual & other info on this model too. About 10 years old. Freezer on top. Canadian model #. Thanks in advance for your help.

• Team Samurai

Are you sure that's a good Canadian model number? I couldn't find anything with that model number on Canadian appliance parts sites. 

Yes Samurai, that is the Canadian part number. The prefix C978 is apparently made for Kenmore by GE Camco. When I plug most Canadian part numbers into Canadian appliance parts sites, it's as if they don't exist. Very hard to get info for. When I Google that number, I do get a few results for it. It could also be similar to a 18.1" Heartland Refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom. Another compatible possibility is the GE Profile unit PDS18SBMRBS . Thanks very much for your help Samurai! Hoping to find some info for it soon.

Thank you very much Samurai for your quick reply! This should get me started. Appreciate it!

OK, called Sears Canada Appliance parts and confirmed that the model # C978-70802-1 actually exists. He sent me a parts diagram, attached. I'm wondering if that can be matched to something similar. I also got the part number of the defrost timer for this model, #43 in the parts diagram below, WR9X490. Does this part number or the parts diagram help in cross referencing it?

Here is the schematic diagram for your reference, model no. 97870802-1.

?ui=2&ik=21453e4af0&view=fimg&th=14e50c7

• Team Samurai

The schematic didn't show up. You can use the Gallery section of this site or a free image host to show photos. Attachments work, too, but it looks like you were trying to copy and paste something from your Gmail account?

It may be easier to just email it to me.

• Team Samurai

I got the picture (attached) but still can't cross that over to a US model number. But you can. Here's how:

1. Enter the defrost timer parts number (or any other part number from this fridge) into the parts search box above. 

2. On the page that opens, scroll down until you see the list of compatible model numbers.

3. Select various models from those shown on the list and enter them inso a new APP window to look at the diagrams for that model.

4. Continue this process until you find a model number with the same configuration as yours. 

This process may be speeded up or facilitated by selecting a different part for cross reference. For example, in this case, see if you can get the part number for the evaporator coil since it is unique to this configuration.

post-4-0-51965500-1436369135_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Will try this out Samurai. I can see where it would help if you could get a unique part number for a particular model. A lot less compatible model numbers to sift thru. Thanks very much for the assistance!