Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore Side x Side 106.57579790

SD40-2

Looking for a manual or tech info on this Kenmore fridge made by Whirlpool. Thanks in advance.

• Team Samurai

Closest I can get on Kenmore stuff is by crossing the model number over to an OEM equivalent using a key component, like a control board. Similar to Canadian models. I've gone ahead and done that for you this time:  http://appliantology.org/files/file/2394-whirlpool-gs6shaxlq02-refrigerator-tech-sheet/

If you do this yourself in the future, you'll get manuals quicker. 

• Like 1

Thanks Samurai. How were you able to cross it over to that particular model number without seeing the unit first to get a key component part number off it in order to get an OEM equivalent? That's what I'm trying to do, get the tech info to pre diagnose the problem before the call in which case I won't have any part numbers to cross reference. I must be missing something here... Thanks again for your help with this issue.

• Team Samurai

Look up the Kenmore model number at the Sears site and find a key component from there. Get that component part number and plug it into the search at AppliancePartsPros. Scroll down and it'll show a list of compatible models. Select an OEM model number and you're home free!

• Like 1

OK, Only problem is that you can't get info for all Canadian Kenmore's on the sears site, but have got some. When you enter the part # at APP, you get a vast number of compatible machines. Do you have a better chance picking one near the top of the list? Thanks Samurai.

• Team Samurai

It really seems to vary-- I don't think the list is sorted in any order that's helpful to our purposes. 

The only other thing you could try to to find an online Canadian parts house and cross reference the part number on that site to pull up a compatible Canadian model number.