Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Ge Fridge - samsung made model# pfsp6pkxabb

Tone Blair

I dont know if my searching skills suck, but I couldnt find this one.

I know its a Samsung, and I have a lot of samsung manuals,

so if someone knows what model samsung this is, thatd be great!

Thanks

time to improve your search skills bro Tone.... this manual is too easy to find in the download section using truncated/wildcard searching especially for an old hat like you... so gonna paste my normal spiel usually used for newbies....

There appears to be a manual or a compatible manual in the download section. We ask our members to check the download section prior to requesting technical documents. If you have not already done so, make sure to watch the screencast entitled "searching for technical documents" found here :http://appliantology.org/topic/51337-getting-started-at-appliantology/. Pay close attention to the section discussing truncated and wildcard searches.

You can also simply search the name of thr manufacturer and type of appliance if you have no luck using other search techniques.. for example "LG French Door" thdn scroll through the results.

Also don't forget to search the forums as you may find topics that may point you to a compatible technical document file or you may even find topics that address your specific issues.

If you have already searched and have been unsuccessful in locating a compatible technical document, please let us know. Many times a manufacturer will not list all the models covered by a manual and sometimes may only list the model family. Therefore, it may be difficult for us to determine if you model is covered or not unless we look at the document, pull a parts schematic on your model and a listed model to see if they match. You are in a much better position to do this in a timely manner as you should already be familiar, to some extent, with your model's layout.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Yea, I'll have to check out how to do it again, I did both exact model number and wildcard and absolutely nothing came up for me, this is the second time this has happened and I was told that the manual is already available.

Thanks.

well, I re-watched the video, tried both ways again, and nothing is popping up at all. I've checked the forums and downloads, nothing.

I took screen shots, but I'll have to post later.

I do normally find a lot of manuals, so it seems kinda strange, that I cant find this one, since it's so easy to find.

ok... hint ... search for "Pfs*"

and to make you really question yourself (cause I am... lol!) simply search for what you know.... like "GE Samsung"

So whatcha find?

• Like 2

very simple... if too specific results in no info, then become less specific.... continue to reduce specificity until hopefully the info you need comes up.... isn't that covered in Samurai's video I linked?

• Like 1

Yea, he mentioned it, but I gotta pretty thick dome, so it didnt penetrate.

I just over thought being specific was important, but I see the light now!