LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

FRIGIDAIRE FAZ12HR2A stopped working

James Garrison Barnes

James Garrison Barnes

I have a Frigidaire FAZ12HR2A (air conditioner / heater)

The buttons started lighting up and beeping (randomly) for about 5 minutes at a time, several times every hour, but the unit kept working properly.  After a couple weeks, it just wouldn't turn on anymore.

Friends who tinker with HVAC have told me they think maybe a board or relay or something electronic has simply gotten shot.  There's no indications of lightning issues.  I'm hoping someone can give me a basic idea of what might be wrong? and what price ranges the parts and labor could run....

Obviously, I cannot fix it myself, but I just want to determine whether to fix it or replace it.  I believe it's around $800-ish to replace it...hopefully a repair can be done for less?

Sounds like it might be a stuck button to me.  The fuse is not blown cause she still beeps.

• 3 weeks later...

common issue on these.

the push buttons which are called tact switches become leaky and cause a host of issues.

you can replace the front control board as the main relay/power should be ok.

If you want to be cheap you can replace the switches , for around 10 bucks. most tv shops carry these parts .... If you can still find one in business that is.

• Like 1