LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Needs Manual for GFSF6KKYCWW

AQAppliances

So, you are saying the manual is not compatible? In what respect?

btw, if you won't take the time to include manufacturer and type of appliance as per posted notice, then your request will not get priority treatment... ie... ill feed my dogs first, then feed my face, watch some bonanza reruns, have my third beer, respond quickly to someone who just requested a manual in the proper format, count the number of green M & M's in that 2lb bag I bought yesterday , do a few chores on the honey do list..hold up. wait! Hell no, I think I'll follow up with you before I do the honey do list stuff.... but... maybe... tomorrow.... if it's raining that is..and sometime after the football game... uh... games. That's right, Nfl back on Sunday's... even at night.... then there's Monday Night Football!

But cheer up! .... we use to simply delete this type of request... but now we will let you suffer a bit in manual request purgatory. Man, I could have gotten you 5 manuals in the time it took for me to write this...yeah... but that ain't nearly as much fun.

Edited by DurhamAppliance
  • Like 1

This one has dual evap and the dispenser is different. The diagnostic mode does not work for this model either. It is a GE French door. I believe it is really a Samsung though.

ah ha! (but of course I knew that already) Then, my friend, you did not find similar models in your search. Did you try truncated searching? in fact, do you want to know why we require manufacturer and type?.....

Watch this....

go to the download section and search for "GE Samsung French Door" and watch the magic happen..... let me know what you find.

Sorry I did not provide enough info on what I'm looking for. I found that tech sheet. I am looking to see if there is a service manual available for this. I found it online but they charge 15 dollars for the pdf.

nope.... you give up too quickly.... widen / simplify the search.... type "GE Samsung".... now watcha got??

Presto.... Mágico..... out of thin air I conjured up for you.....(pssst...you suppose to come in now with the manual and full of amazement)

I repeat... Presto Mágico I conjured up for you.......uh... Bro Aq?.... don't I stll got the power??

You da man!

So what did we learn today?

We learned that including the manufacturer, type of appliance as well as the model number is important for a manual request.

We learned that widening your search using the aforementioned manufacturer and type of appliance can yield good results.

We also learned that truncated/wildcard searching, ie using part of the model number along with an asterisk (like "GFSF6*" or "GFSF*"in this case) is one of the best ways to find info..

but more importantly, we learned that I, being able to magically conjure up manuals out of thin air when at first none were present, STILL GOTS THE POWER!!  :banana: