Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Service Manual for KA BI KSSS48FJX00

BigGuap

• Team Samurai

Be sure to include the wild card character-- the asterisk, *, Shift-8, in your search as Dave showed in his post. This short screencast reveals all the mysteries of searching the vast repository of wisdom here at Appliantology:

I did watch this video and did search in the Downloads section. The " KSSS48" model is showing up but it is not for the model that I am searching. Am I missing something? 

Jason

• Team Samurai

The " KSSS48" model is showing up but it is not for the model that I am searching. Am I missing something? 

Maybe.... when I search KSSS48* (note the asterisk in my search term), I get these results, one of which is the Job Aid for this unit:

2015-10-16_09-21-24.png

I got the same results but the manual is not for the KSSS48FJX00 model. The KSSS48 is there but not the FJX00 part of it. Should they be the same? Are all the KSSS48's the same?

Jason

• Team Samurai

I got the same results but the manual is not for the KSSS48FJX00 model. The KSSS48 is there but not the FJX00 part of it. Should they be the same? Are all the KSSS48's the same?

The Job Aids will apply to an entire model family where it explains the basic technology and operation as well as disassembly. So, yes, that Job Aid applies to your model. The more specific variations, such as features, are shown on the tech sheet.  Tech sheets, unlike Job Aids or any service manual, is specific to that model and is the definitive reference for schematics and features, more authoritative than the service manual. In this case, you'll want BOTH the Job Aid and the specific tech sheet for the exact model. 

All the KSSS48's are largely the same as far as general operation and disassembly. The FJX00 portion is refers to features, engineering changes, etc. 

• Like 1