Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

New Appliance Service Manual added: Kenmore 417.40412700 Washer Tech Sheet

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Sweeet.!

I guess I didnt scroll down far enough to see this catagory in the forums. 

Now if I can just get this to print out  large enough for me to read it......

I am also mystified about the wide variety of parts and tech sheets that apply to various machines of different model and manufacturer.  How does a person know whats correct?  Is there a cross reference sheet that says this tech pub works on X,Y, & Z machines?

Thanks a bunch...learning new stuff every day!

I don't think you will find anykind of cross reference like you describe, you have to look up the appliance and find the part number for the techsheet using whatever site you use to look-up part diagrams, (APP has good diagrams but may not always of the tech lititure listed - Sears site is a good place to find all the techsheets, wiring diagram, owners manuals part#'s).

Once you have the techsheet/wiring diagram part# you then search this site in the downloads and all forums for that part number and will find it sometimes if it has been posted, (one techsheet may cover a great many machines so not real practical to have every model it covers listed but Samurai does a very good job of posting META-DATA if he has it - IE. list of models numbers he happens to know it covers at the time the file is posted but that can never be all inclusive).

If you find the lititure part number listed and it doesn't have your exact model number listed in the info, that doesn't mean it isn't for your machine - if the part# matches what your parts list says is the part number for that techsheet or wiring diagram it should be good for your machine.

• Like 1

Thank you Willie

Thats a good clue.

I hadnt considered the tech data as having a part number and looking for it as a part on its own....more things to learn.

Next question that comes to mind is ......even tho I have the data that tells me what each sensor and component should test out to, I am still having trouble wrapping my brain around what the purpose of some of these components , especially the different sensors, have.   

Is there a document that gives an overall description of the system function and how each component relates to the other?

If I know what each component is supposed to do , then its a lot easier to understand if something isnt right, and subsequently easier to head in the correct direction to start testing.  Just as we are taught to go to the thing that isnt working to start testing, its important to know what each component does to know its not doing its thing, whatever that thing might be.

To get that level of detail covering every appliance - I think it's time for you to enroll in Samurai's training program, that, some experience under your belt and continued studying will get you there.

• Like 1

• Team Samurai

To get that level of detail covering every appliance - I think it's time for you to enroll in Samurai's training program, that, some experience under your belt and continued studying will get you there.

We're going to develop our front load washer course this winter. The scheduled release time frame for open enrollment is early Spring 2016.

Meanwhile, for an operational overview, checkout this video: