Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bkw44

kelvinator washer aw701g1d

6 posts in this topic

hello,

my washer leaks water as soon as the tub starts to fill. on top of the pump there is a small spout i'm guessing to keep water from running onto the motor? well good thing cause thats where it's coming from.on the bottom of clamp on the hose from the tub to the pump there is a small amount of rust but i don't see it leaking when i run water.what do you think?

thank you,

brian

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

It sounds from your description, (If your sure it's not the hose leaking), that you will need a new pump.

The pump is very easy to remove, just the two clips to pop off and then lift pump straight up off motor drive shaft.

Look at the bottom of the pump and see if you see the signs of water leakage, I'm sure you will......

Here's were to get the pump if you determine for sure that is the problem, (the pump is not repairable when the seal goes out). CLICK HERE

well, i can't see the other side of the hose so i put some toilet paper around it and ran the water and the tp was still dry. i was thinking it was the pump but wanted a second opinion. thank you for your help. i'll let you know how it goes.

brian

am i missing somthing or do they all come off this hard? i dont want to force it to much and break somthing?

You're dealing with rust from a leaking pump. Time for spit and determination. Since you're replacing the pump anyway, destructive removal is an appproved technique here. Large screwdrivers ffor small crowbars work well. And, don't forget everyone's favorite tool: the hammer.