Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Beer Fund Donation Made in your name for the answer

Gregg

I'm done to the wire on this one.  Showed up at the customers house with a new slide for the freezer drawer and could not figure out how to remove the old one.  The parts breakdown shows the adapter held to the wall with screws.  All these screws are hidden by the slide.  It appears to show the slide held to the adapter with a fastner of some type.  There is nothing there holding the slide to the adapter. How does the slide come off off the adapter???????  The Model number is 596.73502201

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old rails were held on by screws. The new ones when fully extended will expose a plastic like lever similar to the ones found on kitchen drawers. Others, when you have them extended, will have a small hole that does not appear to correspond to anything. Pushing a small screwdriver in that hole releases the clip holding it in. Do you have the exact model your working on?

The model is 596.73502201  When extended I did see two plastic holes that looked like they should have screws in them.  They are pretty close to each other .  Maybe you can tell from the parts breakdown if they are what you are reffering to.  It's a Sears model number.  I pulled up the schematic on thier site.

That dotted line on the pictorial that goes to the middle/rear of the plastic glide support is the hole you need to push on to remove the metal glide from the plastic housing (only dotted line between item 6 & 2). After you do that, the plastic housing is held on by screws that will be exposed. It seems all the units use the same pictorial. I tried to punch in a newer unit and it showed the same drawing. The way I described should be correct.

Archived