Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LFUS2613LP0 Frigidaire/Electrolux defrost issue

Ajthefixer

I'm wrestling with a defrost issue with Frigidaire side by side. Had it serviced by a tech due to a drop in temp and alarm beeping. Coils were completely encased in ice. After manually defrosting, heater and defrost thermostat were tested to be within spec. Conclusion of the tech was " bad main control board". Quoted price was 300.00 plus labor.

I sourced the part locally (new) and replaced it myself. Fridge came to temp quickly and held with no issues for about a week then the same symtoms appeared - back wall and coils completely iced over, obviously not defrosting. What do I look at next?

This uses the beta control. You may want to double check the wires on the beta control to the relay. There will be a black and red wire. I believe black should be on the silver terminal and red on the copper. Don't ask me why it matters, but it does. I've had recalls because of it. Per Frigidaire it can cause a defrost issue. Some of the beta controls have markings where the wires go and some do not. I've found them 2 years old miswired and all the sudden the defrost issue occured. After testing the heater and tstat, I went with the board also, then a defrost thermostat, then another board, and finally called Frigidaire who had me fix the wiring to the relay.

• Like 2

Hmm...I will replace the defrost thermostat even though it tests out. As far as the board,I replaced it with the wiring going to the exact location as the old one - only 3 connections.

Anyone know how to send this unit into manual defrost? The light switch trick didn't work.

• 3 weeks later...

I've replaced the control board and the defrost thermostat...the heating element tests out ok. I'ts still not defrosting and I still can't seem to get it into manual defrost mode. Does anyone have any more information?

On 12/31/2015 at 5:44 AM, BryanS said:

This uses the beta control. You may want to double check the wires on the beta control to the relay. There will be a black and red wire. I believe black should be on the silver terminal and red on the copper. Don't ask me why it matters, but it does. I've had recalls because of it. Per Frigidaire it can cause a defrost issue. Some of the beta controls have markings where the wires go and some do not. I've found them 2 years old miswired and all the sudden the defrost issue occured. After testing the heater and tstat, I went with the board also, then a defrost thermostat, then another board, and finally called Frigidaire who had me fix the wiring to the relay.

BrianS. I'm not quite following what I should be checking on the control board wiring.

I've replaced the control board and the defrost thermostat...the heating element tests out ok. I'ts still not defrosting and I still can't seem to get it into manual defrost mode. Does anyone have any more information?

There is one wired up relay on the board. The terminals the wires hook to are different colors.  If I'm not mistaken, looking from the top of the board, the red wire is on the left terminal of the relay and black is on the right.  I haven't messed with one in awhile so I'm not 100%  Some of the new boards have them labeled for you and some do not.

Thanks.

The board has 2 connections to the thermistors and 2 to the wiring harness. Are you suggesting one of the wires is on wrong, or a bad relay?

What am I checking here?

If I recall there should be a main harness on the left of the board, middle has 2 wires for the relay, and right side is the sensors.  The wires I'm referring to hook to a relay on the board. 

frigidaire-board-switch-terminal-2417397

Black square in the middle. Is the relay. You crememberne is silver and one is copper. I think red is (silver) and black (copper).  I can never remember right offhand. For some reason I remember red being left.  I feel like I posted about this somewhere else on here.

Ok ok. I found a picture of the newer boards and I'm wrong. Black is silver (left) and red is copper(right).

01063172.jpg

New board. You can barely make out BLK on the silver terminal

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man
Embedded image.

Ok thanks, but I was trying to link the picture so he could understand what I was talking about.  I'm glad to see that buttom now :)

Also the 2nd board I linked is not your board, but the new style I was referring to that is actually marked.

Haha..

Thanks guys. Are you saying that these wires being switched are what is causing the defrost issue because the thermistors are switched or something. I still can't get it to go into manual defrost mode with the new board.

I can't seem to edit my posts either.

Ok...just reread. The black wire on the silver/vertical, red on the horizontal/copper connector. They go to a relay and not the thermistors. I'll double check. I installed the same way I took them off the old one, but maybe it was never right...Maybe I also just bought a 150.00 board for nothing.