LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Maytag MAH3000AWW stops

Skibum1963

I have read the forums on this Maytag MAH3000AWW Serial 37299671WD.  washer stopping.  Ours stops and shuts itself off during random cycles (my wife thinks all cycles, not just spin).  It sounded like motor/motor control, so I checked it out using the link.  The phases of the motor all check out.  Everything seems OK with 2.2 ohms in phases B and C.  Could it be the door locking mechanism?

Check to see how fast it fills with water, check the cold and the hot water. If these washers don't fill with water fast enough, it will shut the machine off.

• Like 1

I checked the screens and they are free.  When I open the lid for bleach and detergent, the water is flowing pretty quickly.

I checked the main machine board and the Q6/R11 resistors are normal....Everything else looks normal on the board as well.  Could be one of the sensors for out of balance?

There was three switches that will shut the machine down, one on bottom of tub, one on right side of tub and next to that was an

inertia switch, now called out of balance switch, a ball bearing hitting a micro switch, possibly the problem, need a meter to test

them.