Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

SAMSUNG Model RS263TDBP

Paul Klein

The display and control function of the Samsung Side-by-Side model RS263TDBP has suddenly stopped functioning, possibly because of a power flicker that lasted less than two seconds. We live in an area where power outs are frequent, but usually, when something is affected, even for a second or two, other things like microwave clocks and bedside clocks also show the effects, usually by reverting to 00.00. The most recent event a week or so ago affected only the Samsung, which has not shown a normal display since then. It shows 2 blinking bars for the refrigerator, will not respond to any button I push, but is maintaining proper temperature in both the fridge and freezer compartments. The in-line surge protector does not indicate that it has been overwhelmed.

I have disconnected from the power and let the system sit for more than five minutes, as suggested in the owner's manual, but it has not fixed itself. This is the second episode like this, the first being a few months ago and leaving it unpowered for 5 minutes or more eventually must have done something, because after a few days on not working, it fixed itself.

Has the display computer just quit? Is it replaceable? Is it worth it? The unit will be 5 years old in July. Too new to die.

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for an answer to what is wrong and how to fix it. Is there a control panel in the freezer door (where the display is)?

Can I access it? Should I? Should I just leave it, since the settings seem to be right, and we only use the ice dispenser, not the water dispenser.

• Team Samurai
On January 7, 2016 at 8:06 PM, BryanS said:

May be error code. Which 2 bars are flashing.

Bars 3 and 5 are flashing. What does that mean? Where can I find out? The last time I talked to SamSung about this appliance (shortly after it was installed 4+ years ago, I was told they had no service representative in my area.

• Team Samurai
20 minutes ago, Paul Klein said:

Bars 3 and 5 are flashing

Assuming this is left to right: bar 3 on the LH column and bar 5 on the RH column. If that's the case, then the computer is reporting a problem with the evaporator thermistor Part number: Da32-00029n

Part number: Da32-00029n

and the refrigerator fan. 

The refrigerator fan may be blocked by ice, not getting voltage, or bad. You'll need to troubleshoot it to figure out which it is.

Now that you've gotten the error codes, it would be easiest to put the control into forced mode to see if all the fans are capable of running. The Fast Track manual has details on this but the gist is:

Forced Mode: Press both buttons (Lighting – Fridge) simultaneously (No sound when both buttons are pressed at the same time) ‘til it beeps and goes blank, 8-12 seconds

All the fans and the compressor should be running. 

Fast Track:

• Like 1

Both flashing bars are on the same side - right side - the fridge side.  Temperatures in both sides remain as previously set before the flashing started -- about 10 days ago -- so things must be working, just a display problem? Thanks for taking the time to work on this with me.

Paul,  Samsung fridges report errors by flashing led segments. So your first consideration would be to decipher the error and rectify  the problem  it is reporting.  Just because your temps appear to be fine doesn't mean there isn't an impending problem.  Could it be a display problem.. yes..  but not that common although the reported errors are a bit strange..... Fridge room damper error and compressor error

large.Screenshot_2016-01-21-06-37-13.png

• Like 1

I agree it's an error code. Fix the problem and reset the fridge. I would start with the defrost sensor(evaporator sensor). Which is much cheaper than a display.  I've had many technicians order displays because if the segments not even realizing it's an error code. It would be different if you had the normal bars or numbers with a segment or 2 missing, but you have the complete opposite going on.  And yes I did come across one where it showed a defrost sensor error and was running fine. When I went to change the sensor the wire literally popped right off the sensor as I removed it. 

• Like 2

Thank you to all who have replied. I finally have what may be the answer: error bar 3 = compressor error and error bar 5 = fridge room damper error.  The responses also indicate  that I'm over my head. Next stop: someone who can make a house call.

• 3 years later...