Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung RF263AEWP beeping noise and controller temp change

recordsj

I have a Samsung RF263AEWP.

It started to beep randomly (same beep as you get when you press any of the display control buttons).

When it is beeping randomly, the digital display for the display temp is changing at the same time.  The displayed temp goes up and down every time it beeps randomly (beeps several times in a row in random 3 to 5 second intervals).  By having a thermometer in there the temp in the fridge will change also.

It will stop at times, then it will start up again.

Now if I try to press any of the buttons on the display control panel, nothing will happen.

Already replaced p/n DA4100651 (main B/D (SEM-P) ASSY), but the issue is still there.

What is going on?  Any help.

1)Check the wire connections under the hinge cover for the left door for frayed,  disconnected wires... you may have to remove electrical tape to check the wires ..  reseat them. 

2)Check thermistor and thermal fuses at the board.  A missing thermistor can lock the display but I have not seen it cause random temp changes but check them.  Failed thermal fuses can cause fridge to lockdown.  Both csn cause fridges to behave in strange was... missing icemaker can cause lock down since it has a thermistor and would be treated as a missing thermistor

3) Some samsungs will beep and flash all led segments when there is an over-temperature situation. check evap,  fan motors and thermistors 

4) Replace temp controller/user interface... if not the wires, a bad interface ( as is a bad main board) is uncommon with Samsungs but it happens from time to time.   With most other manufacturers I would simply say check connections then replace interface but with these models it's best  to check sensors etc first. 

Edited by DurhamAppliance
  • Like 1

Thanks I will look into that.

Before the control panel stopped working, but it making the random beeping, only the temp numbers on the display were changing.  Also before they stopped working I could place it in diagnostic mode, but no error codes would come up.

1) wires ok, no issues seen.  Checked connections.

2)

I checked thermistor for fridge and it is OK, resistance reading matches.  Check fuses and ok.
3) when beeping all LEDs DO NOT flash, only the fridge temp display changes along with the random beeping. Placed it in diagnostic mode, but no error codes came up.  Abit lost here of what is going on.

• 11 months later...

See YouTube links below for solution.
 I was having this same problem, but by replacing the same front control panel at the top of the fridge you see after opening the doors (the panel that can turn off the ice, control temp of fridge and freezer, etc.), it fixed the issue.

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the video.  I have the same problem.  It starts beeping erratically and I happened to notice the temperature of the refrigerator was changing at the same time as if I was pushing the button.  So I pushed the button a lot to try to clean the contacts underneath and it seems to stop doing it for a while, like a month or two..