LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag Washer MEDE500VMD

Dr. Phil

• Team Samurai

Okay... and you would have still seen 8 variations on the model number in the top LH column http://www.appliancepartspros.com/search.aspx?model=mede500vmd

This means the model number you supplied is ambiguous or incomplete. Cue the Tech Pep talk...

As a professional technician, you know how important model numbers are. For a professional tech to post bad model numbers generally indicates sloppiness and laziness. I don't think you are either so let's pay attention to the important details of our trade and stop wasting each other's time by posting bad model numbers.

Well I've since found out, thanks to your response, that the LH column only comes up on my laptop, not on my phone, which I was using.  Oh well.

• Team Samurai

And that correct model number is...

I don't know! :-)  I asked the customer to double-check, and he said "Model number is correct.  Looked at it again.  Tried putting it into the Maytag website and didn't find it either." 

So I guess I'll just have to show up and look for myself.  *sigh*

My bet would be MEDE500VW0

Use any site that gives list of close/similar model numbers and shorten to the base part of number MEDE500, it will show a list of possibilities and sometimes it will become obvious what it should be.

Part of this is getting to know the model number formats and what certain positions of the model number refer to,  (IE: Whirlpool built products which this Maytag now is, the last position is usually a number signifying the revision code and the position just before that is usually the color code).

From the above knowledge you see the last position can't be a "D" so the customer is seeing a number ZERO as the letter "D".  There is no color code "M" but there is "W" for white, customer most likely seeing V and W together and seeing "M".

I use the A1-Appliance site to see a good clean list of possible model numbers.  Here is what you get by entering MEDE500, (The same as you most likely see on APP).

>   MEDE500VF0 Maytag     (29`` ELECTRIC DRYER)
  >   MEDE500VF1 Maytag     (29`` ELECTRIC DRYER)
  >   MEDE500VP0 Maytag     (29`` ELECTRIC DRYER)
  >   MEDE500VP1 Maytag     (29`` ELECTRIC DRYER)
  >   MEDE500VW0 Maytag     (29`` ELECTRIC DRYER)
  >   MEDE500VW1 Maytag     (29`` ELECTRIC DRYER)
  >   MEDE500VW2 Maytag     (29`` ELECTRIC DRYER)
  >   MEDE500WJ0 Maytag     (29`` ELECTRIC DRYER)
  >   MEDE500WR0 Maytag     (29`` ELECTRIC DRYER)
Edited by Budget Appliance Repair
  • Like 1