Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
stupidfreezer

stupid free dryer

10 posts in this topic

i am working on a maytag dryer model LDE 7500 and the only time it heats up is in auto dry, If i put it on time dry,it doesn't heat up, and in auto dry it heats up but doesn't shut off. Do i need a timer ir in of the thermostats?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

by the way i fixed the stupid freezer it was the controls on the front. Got tyhat honey do off my list.

check your heating element to be sure it is not broke and grounded, I think on this model the time dry is air fluff only . very good old dryer so it is worth trying to fix .

the heating element is fine but it doesn't shut off on auto dry

see if you are getting power to the timer moter,  it will only have power to it when the element is cycled off.

it is getting power to the motor,what makes this dryer automatic? as far as i can tell the timed part is only for the air fluff

if it is getting power to the timer motor, but  it is not advancing the timer ,you have a bad timer 

what makes it automatic in the more or less dry setting? i know the timer is part of it but is there a sensor as well?

it was the run thermostat it has five wires going to it. i went to reliable parts here in spokane paid 41 bucks and it works great now.

*free