Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Jaspersohn

MVWC400XW4 no spin

5 posts in this topic

I have this Maytag and it sometimes spins, sometimes not.....mostly not. I have not done the dial self diagnosis because it seems it would be a shift actuator problem. When I look for that part, I find it for different models. Not this one specifically. I am asking because there must be more this grasshopper must learn....

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

What error codes did you retrieve from the control when you had it in service mode?

Well, that pamphlet from inside the washer sure leaves much to be desired. I  'think'  I have a long drain E-1/F-81 and target rpm E-1 that I musta missed the fault code. I also ran the auto test and it quit with the wash, rinse, and sensing LED's solid with a flashing lid lock. Had to unplug to clear the lock. I hope this makes sense to you because the pamphlet really needs to be rewritten by techs like you all.

Hello? Is there anybody out there?

You need to be sure of the codes

Edited by sh2sh2