Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

unable to remove inner basket whp DD washer 110.26902690

Lorri Maxwell

Lorri Maxwell

I humbly request the benefit of the world-renowned collective wisdom here at 'appliantology' with the two following subjects:

Primus: Removal of inner basket. Today is the third in a row wasted in unsuccessful attempts to remove the inner basket from my (Whirlpool) direct drive washer model 110.26902690. I have:

poured -gallons- of boiling water in and around junction of transmission shaft /spin tube (where inner basket 'sits' atop drive block)

soaked (same) w/heavy duty degreaser 24hrs then flushed w/boiling water

soaked (same) w/ PB Blaster, rinse, repeat above steps

proved that, despite my reputation, I may not be capable of breaking everything I touch, including the 'seal' that seems to be gluing the inner basket to the drive block and shaft on my washer.

in short, I've tried everything I could think of as well as searching online for others w/same issue. Unfortunately, mine seems to be an extreme case.

Sensei(s), please help enlighten this desperate seeker!

.......(2nd issue when 1st is resolved, stay tuned/thank you!)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Budget Appliance Repair

• Lorri Maxwell

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have the spanner wrench that you use to remove the nut, (If you didn't use a chisel).

Reinstall the spanner nut so that the top of the spanner nut is level with the top of the drive block then using the spanner wrench - stand it on end so one end of handle is on top surface of spanner nut and drive block give the other handle end of the spanner wrench good hard whacks with a 2 pound sledge hammer going all the way around the top of the drive block will normally break them loose.

Or if you have just been trying to pull straight up that isn't the method to remove one that isn't really corroded.  You give front edge of spin basket a good push down then back up, (giving the spin basket a rocking motion on drive block to dislodge it).