Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

Hobb

LG Dishwasher LDS5040ST Error

Hobb

Our dishwasher worked fine yesterday and this evening when I went to start it there was a little snowflake icon blinking on it. I looked it up and some people said it had to do with the rinse aid. I checked and the rinse aid wasn't empty but I put some more in anyway and the problem persists. The snowflake icon will blink for a few minutes, then the whole thing shuts off. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

16345Ed

Check your user manual. Does this unit require the special salt?

i couldn't quickly locate a manual to check. 

Hobb

Nothing special required for the unit. At any rate, I hit some buttons, removed some of the detergent, played around and eventually it started. Hopefully it won't crap out on me again. Thank you for trying still :)

Treydiggity

It seems that the door is not latching properly I backed the top mounting screws out a quarter of a turn like sone have advised but nothing then I gently lifted up on the front panel of the door and the thing started working 

They should have a light for door not latched properly