LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

LG Dishwasher LDS5040ST Error

Hobb

Our dishwasher worked fine yesterday and this evening when I went to start it there was a little snowflake icon blinking on it. I looked it up and some people said it had to do with the rinse aid. I checked and the rinse aid wasn't empty but I put some more in anyway and the problem persists. The snowflake icon will blink for a few minutes, then the whole thing shuts off. Any help would be great. Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hobb

• 16345Ed

• Treydiggity

Top Posters In This Topic

Check your user manual. Does this unit require the special salt?

i couldn't quickly locate a manual to check. 

Nothing special required for the unit. At any rate, I hit some buttons, removed some of the detergent, played around and eventually it started. Hopefully it won't crap out on me again. Thank you for trying still :)

• 3 years later...
Treydiggity

It seems that the door is not latching properly I backed the top mounting screws out a quarter of a turn like sone have advised but nothing then I gently lifted up on the front panel of the door and the thing started working 

They should have a light for door not latched properly