LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG LDS4821ST doesn't turn on

billpartsch

I have an LG LDS4821ST, serial number beginning with 808KW, and it won't turn on. At all. I press the power button, and I hear a click distinct from the noise of the button itself. (When I flip the circuit breaker, I don't hear that noise anymore.) The display does not light up. I noticed after taking the door apart then turning the juice back on, a wee red LED on the inside of the main board lights up when I hit the power button. It also appears that the glass fuse embedded in the silicone blanket is blown (meter did nothing when I put probes at both ends).

A few evenings ago, the dishwasher was started, then I went to bed before it finished and woke up to the non-responsive dishwasher. The bottom was full of turbid water and the soap dispenser had yet to open. So clearly it got to a certain point then conked out, but as I wasn't there when it happened, I have no idea what, if any, error code might have popped up.

My half-assed diagnosis is the main board is done for. So I suppose my questions are 1) Am I right so far?, and 2) Is the main board the root of the problem or a symptom of something else?

Thanks.

Start at the electrical connection box behind the kick panel (where the household electricity connects to the DW) make sure wire nuts are tight. If they are then proceed to follow the electricity and see where the disconnect is.

• Like 2

billpartsch
On February 27, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Thirstytech said:

Start at the electrical connection box behind the kick panel (where the household electricity connects to the DW) make sure wire nuts are tight. If they are then proceed to follow the electricity and see where the disconnect is.

Thanks for the response. The electrical connection is fine. I'm unsure of how to follow the electricity from that point. I have a multimeter and the wiring diagram, but I could use some pointers on where to put the probes. I'm keen to learn, so I welcome both direct help and/or direction toward sites/videos that illuminate the techniques involved. 

I forgot to mention before, the main board number is Part number: EBR33469402

Part number: EBR33469402

, which I've read elsewhere in this forum was subject of a service bulletin. Does this mean that LG will help offset the cost of replacing it, or is it just LG telling service techs to be on the lookout when customers report problems a malfunctioning main board might cause? Also, is the apparently blown fuse on my main board relevant? It does not appear replaceable.

Thanks.

• 3 years later...

I had the similar issue that arose on our LG LDS4821ST dishwasher.  Just stopped working overnight.  I replaced the door latch and the noise filter assembly.  Two fairly inexpensive repairs, which were the two most prominent root causes.  The noise filter was a "crap-shoot", because there was no way of knowing it was bad, unless you pulled the dishwasher out of it's space to access it.  I figured since i had it out, I was willing to replace it either way!  Replaced both and still not powering up!  I checked the "fuse" on the Controller Board and it was good too. 

Funny thing happened!  I accidentally pressed the power button while the door was open and the damn unit powered up!!!  Go figure...?  I pressed the power button several times and the unit powered up/down.  I closed the door, thinking that somehow the unit woke up and was fixed.  Nope!  Back to square one again and cursing to say the least!!!!

Any feedback from anyone on your issues??

MB