Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Using Appliantology to build my own database

Appliance Guys

Now I am realizing the importance of having my technicians be prepared with service manuals/bulletins/diagrams, and I have begun to build my own database of said information.

Is it appropriate for me to use Appliantology.org to help me with this? I'm thinking it would go like this:

1) get model number from customer

2) see if I have info in my database on model number. If I do-- great, I'm done.

3) If I don't,  I will check Appliantology forums for it using the search methods described in their videos. If I find it-- great, I'll save it and I'm done.

4) If I don't, I will create a post asking for the information. Once the information is provided for me-- great, I'll save it and I'm done.

5) If the information is not provided for me... well I'm not sure about that yet.

Is this an appropriate way to go about collecting this information? What do my fellow Appliance Samurai think?

• Like 1

• Team Samurai

Everything you described is exactly what Appliantology is for! This site is an information tool to for prediagnosis and peer to peer help with appliance problem. This webinar recording explains all this plus gives lots of tips on how to use this site:

• Like 1

That's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure before I started blowing up your manual request forum :)

• Team Samurai

As long as you're first searching using the wildcard technique shown in the short screencast and using a valid model number, no problem!

• Like 1

So I'm chipping away at it and I see that there a large file available for download that has a but-load of information in it. I believe it is the most downloaded file on the site. The "master stash". I noticed that is categorized by brand but not by appliance type within that brand. Currently, I've been categorizing my files by brand, and then by appliance type (ref, dish, dryer, etc.). Would you recommend breaking it down that far or should I just separate by brand like the master file?

I separate by brand,  then by type of appliance using dropbox... I use evernote to point me to a particular file.... let's say the manual lists 10 models that it covers.. I would copy and paste the list to an evernote and link the dropbox file.   I also copy the descriptions and tags used for that manual in the evernote file. 

What I do some time but want to do everytime is to create an evernote fir each repair i fo,  linking the manual,  tech sheet from dropbox, Include a screenshot of the diagnostic procedure,  a picture of the appliance itself and commentary from my repair along with linked discussions  from Appliantology. 

I hate when i know I've already performed tge repair or worked on a modek but can't find the manual I saved. 

• Like 3

Yea, I use Dropbox too, I'll have to check out Evernote.

That's impressively thorough!

lol.. but I was either drunk or didn't have my glasses on when I made that post.... maybe both lol

• Like 2