Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag model #: MFI2269VEB2 refrigerator, control panel stopped working, as did all cooling.

heiglg

My fridge suddenly decided it needed a vacation. The control panel is blank, if any button is pushed, all buttons illuminate, and I get a beeping sound. The fridge and freezer have both stopped cooling. The interior lights are the only thing working. I have checked voltage at the pc card behind the control panel, it appears that I am getting 12 VDC to appropriate places (manually following the trace of the board). Just find it odd that everything died at once.I did have water turned off to the house, off and on all weekend, any chance that may have done something? Nothing appears burnt or smells bad. No idea where to check next. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

I would first suspect the control board.  Yes,  the board maynbe sending proper voltage to the interface, otherwise it wouldn't beep or turn on at all,  but it may notnbe communicating properly with the interface. 

I would first change the mainboard  but make sure to get it from a company where I can return it if it doesn't fix the problem. 

Part number: AP6019229

Part number: AP6019229

There isn't any way to force it to communicate? Just cant figure out how it could be that board...its only job is to convert the incoming 120 ac to 12 vdc. Which it appears to be doing. Are there any back door ways of testing any of its functions?

3 hours ago, heiglg said:

... its only job is to convert the incoming 120 ac to 12 vdc. Which it appears to be doing. 

Are you sure of this?   Okay,  let me ask you a few questions.

Thermistors that measure the compartment temps are connected to the mainboard right? 

And the temps are reported to the consumer at the interface right? 

Then how is that done if , as you say, all the mainboard does with regards to the interface is rectify current?

How can settings at the  interface affect compressor runtime when the compressor is connected to the mainboard? 

So,  as you can see,  there is a whole lot more going on between the mainboard and interface then you think. 

Is it possible your interface is bad?   Certainly.  Determining which of the boards is causing your problems is very difficult based on the limited board level info the manufacture provides.   At this point   you are left with replacing one of the two boards then returning it if it doesn't solve the problem.  

Under theses circumstances,  techs sometimes must rely on their experience to make an educated guess.  I have replaced far more boards than interfaces and I know a failed dc load or failed dc circuitry on a mainboard  can cause  issues you are experiencing.  This is true on Frigidaire as well as GE's so I imagine the same can happen here.  To that end, you may want to disconnect some dc loads at the board and see what happens. If you  notice a change,  seek out a failed dc load. 

Am I certain it's your mainboard?  Of course not,   but at some point we must rely on  process of elimination so being wrong under such circumstances is,  in fact,  progress. 

Edited by DurhamAppliance
  • Like 1

While attempting to follow your advice, I have called several places that sell replacement parts. I have asked them all if they will allow me to return a part if it is the wrong one, to which nobody has replied yes. Do you know of any, or who would sell parts at the cheapest price if not?

Appliancepartspros. com  and repairclinic.com   will allow you to return any part up to one year.  Of course,  providing such a warranty comes at a premium. 

These HV boards have a problem with the surface mount VR-1, which is the voltage regulator. Symptoms can manifest as dead display, blinking display, and sometimes the ice door will open and close perpetually. I agree with Durham, replace the HV board first.

• Like 1

Corecentric Solutions will repair it for 140 bones, they say it will come with a 1 year warranty

God love a free market, 2 years is a nice warranty for anything, especially considering the OEM gives you 1 year on a brand new product! Good luck heiglg!

Yes,  i agree as I generally prefer fixyourboard over corecentric.  Fixyourboard has an engineering department that can repair microprocessors on a board even in situations  when corecentric cannot. Although a microprocessor repair for some boards can be quite expensive. 

• 3 months later...

The HV board is the solution if your symptoms match this thread- also, keep in mind what Durham points out regarding part suppliers: use Appliance Parts Pros or Repairclinic and you can return the part if it doesn't crush your problem!

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, RayneeDae said:

Same question

If you don’t want to do any troubleshooting, replacing the HV Board is the most likely fix

14 minutes ago, Rockie said:

I had the same problem as stated above and replaced the HV Board with no changes now what?

Does the ice door actuate when you press the freezer temp up button?

4 minutes ago, Rockie said:

Yes

Wow, I don’t know what to say. I’ve seen those exact symptoms many times and it’s always been the HV board. So it’s hard to believe that isn’t the problem this time, but it’s possible. I guess you could try the user interface, but I’m not recommending that

I purchased an HV board from Amazon it was a WPW10312695. It looks like the same board as the WPW10310240. It did not work. I am concerned that it could be a bad board. I have returned it. Do you suggest another board? 

22 minutes ago, Rockie said:

I purchased an HV board from Amazon it was a WPW10312695. It looks like the same board as the WPW10310240. It did not work. I am concerned that it could be a bad board. I have returned it. Do you suggest another board? 

Was it exhibiting the same exact symptoms, or it just didn’t work at all after you changed the board?

It was exhibiting the same exact symptoms. So after that I believed it must be something else. I am at a loss. Unless they sent me a bad board.