Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool Dryer WED5700VW0 Won't Advance on Auto Cycle

fuzzielogicworks

fuzzielogicworks

Hello gentlemen have a whirlpool dryer model number WED5700VW0 works & dries fine & time dry feature advances fine. Dryer will not move or advance on the Auto cycle. As I understand it (some research) the timer motor should run in the Automatic cycle anytime the heating elements cycle off & stops the heating. Checked the heating elements & they do cycle off & on however the timer never moves in Auto. The dryer advances & works perfectly in the time dry cycle. So I've mistakenly replaced the timer & the moisture sensor circuit board & the problem still exists! Ran the dryer with no clothes so no moisture in the dryer & it still never moves would this eliminate the moisture sensor? Please help guys I'm at my wits end with this issue! I've been told to just use it on the time dry cycle but now I'm far to invested now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Most likely the thermostat on the heating element if it has a small orange wire going to it

• Like 1

fuzzielogicworks

Is that thermostat just a safety thermostat? Thought if this thermostat was bad the dryer would just not heat. The orange wire you mentioned is that part of the Auto cycle? So sorry I'm not questioning your expertise just trying to understand what is going on. I looked but could not find a wiring or tech sheet so really lost here. Thank You!!

no worrys , if it has a orange wire , it goes from the timer to the thermostat and supplies current to the timer motor when the element is off 

• Like 1

If it had a moisture sensor it doesn't use the thermostat to advance the timer, check the wire running from the moisture sensor to the circuit board for continuity to ground, if there is look for a pinched wire or something shifting the sensor bars together

fuzzielogicworks

Going to have to make some time to take it apart again. For some reason I never looked at the moisture sensor inside the tub. You think maybe they got damaged somehow? I did notice a yellow wire w I think a red stripe going behind the blower housing in the back. Is this the wire you would like me to check? This dryer has a small moisture control board mounted in the control panel area on the right side when looking at it from the front. I did replace the timer & the small electronic board lets call it the MCB & the result was the same. I will check the moisture sensor inside the drum & the wire that goes from it to the MCB. THANKS to everyone for the help I'll report back what I find ASAP.