Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag MFI2568AES Test the Evaporator Fan with 9Volt Battery?

str8maxn

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• str8maxn

• Hiroshi

• Samtech

• evaappliance

No, the diffuser is the doorway directly over the evaporator fan in the freezer- it supplies the cold air to the fridge, it is also known as the damper in some models

Hello Hiroshi \ All,

Hiroshi, I think you nailed it... The frig appears to be working properly. I am able to feel cold air moving freely between the damper and the food chiller outtake.  The refrigerator compartment and the freeze are both cold now. Would you know what could have causes such blockage?   

Thank you Hiroshi, evapplicance, aardl for all the help. You guys are great.

Bad defrost thermostat (check this if the symptom comes back). If the door gets left open overnight or some other source of warm humid air getting into the unit...

Hiroshi,  I think the part listed above is wrong.. that's the defrost heater. 

This should be the thermostat  Part #67006387

Thermostat

Hiroshi\ALL,

I spoke too soon, the refrigerator is now cool (not cold) but the freezer is will very cold. I do feel cold air coming from the chiller vent but not the damper.

Hiroshi, do you think its worth replacing the thermostat?

I will need to check when I get home later today.

Can you advise what to do if:

1. its open

2. it closed.

Hiroshi\ALL,

The Damper door is closed. The refrigerator section is cool not cold. 

Please advise on next step.

Hello All,

I removed the inner grill between the Damper and the interior of the refrigerator, This allowed me to check if the damper door is open or closed without removing the entire assembly. It remained closed every time I went to check it.  Late last night, using a screw drive (jamming it between the damper door), I was able to keep the damper slight open. Instantly, I was able to feel cold air existing the damper door.  This morning the refrigerator was much colder.  

I know the damper is works, because when I run  test  '121 Damper Operation'  I can close and open the damper door.  So what would cause the damper door not to open as needed?

Thank you for the help.

If damper works in test mode but not normal operation, then the control board isn't issuing a command to open it because it doesn't know the temp in the fridge. So change the refrigerator thermistor. 

Hello All,

I just replaced the thermostat,  I am going to give a few days before I update this thread.  But so far, I have seen the damper door open and close on it's own now.

What would be normal operating temperature for the refrigerator and freezer?

Hello All,

I am happy to report the refrigerator is running great.  It was the thermostat that was causing the issue.

Thank you everyone for the help.

Special thanks to Hiroshi for all the extra help.

JM

Normal operating temp is 0 dgrees F on the freezer side and 37 degrees F on the fridge side... I give Samtech the Win on that one he delivered the finishing blow!

Hello All,

Looks like my victory was short lived. Seems like I am right back where I started. The frig was working great until yesterday when I noticed the refrigerator was not very cold.

I suspect the thermostat went out again and I am assuming the HA board is the cause.  Would this be a correct assumption?