Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Thermador PGR364GL code 22 or 21

zipdrive

Hello All.  I have the above listed oven/stove and the oven is dead. There is a flashing code off of the oven light (2 pulses).  The heating light burn out years ago so I can not tell which of the two codes it is (yet).  I believe that code 22 is the controller for the oven, and code 21 is the potentiometer as well.  I don't think code 23 (over temp cleaning) applies, since we have never used the cleaning mode. 

Where are these two parts located?  I've taken the top apart before, when a mouse ate the wiring for an ignitior.  So, I'm not afraid to open it up, but I don't want to hack at it either.  Are the info lights on the front of the stove led, or some bulb type?

Thank you for your help.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipdrive

• Hiroshi

Is there any diagrams or schematics that can be shared on this oven / stove unit?  Pictures?  I can't find anything on the web.  Is Theramdor a closely guarded national secret?  Thank you for any help.  I appreciate it.

You are not far off, sir, Thermador is not the best at making instructional materials available... This appears to be a DSI controlled oven (meaning direct spark ignition) so if you

are having bake function issues I would start with this little guy:   BAKE DSI MODULE SERVICE KIT - 618624. If I recall, the module is located beneath the cooktop...

Hiroshi,  Thank you for your help.  I will order a service kit as a first point and hopefully it fixes the whole problem. :-)  I'll let you know how it goes.  Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hello,  I have been on travel lately and just recently had the chance to take apart the top of the stove. 

Just to document for others, on the 36in wide stove, there is nothing of electronics under the RHS burners.  The only items there are the two gas lines, and two ignitior lines.

Under the LHS burners, there are the two electronic boxes, the 6 channel spark re-igniter box, and some kind of controller, which I did not manage to take a good picture, but the part number is 5060001713, or 9902 207 13554.

Unfortunately, there was no other electronics boxes under the stove top.  I did manage to shift some wires around and the heating light managed to come on for a few hours and confirmed the code 22.

So, if this helps, and confirms that I should still install the DSI controller, that is good.  Next question is where is it?  Is it in the back of the unit?  I need to get this fixed rather quickly.  My wife is threatening to go purchase a new oven/stove if I don't get this one fixed.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

On 8/28/2016 at 0:55 AM, zipdrive said:

Under the LHS burners, there are the two electronic boxes, the 6 channel spark re-igniter box, and some kind of controller, which I did not manage to take a good picture, but the part number is 5060001713, or 9902 207 13554.

The DSI module, is likely the mystery control you didn't take a picture of- BSH site shows it under the cooktop. It will have a plastic connector with several pins attached to one end and a single wire and terminal coming off of the cylidrical spark emitter at the other end...

DSI Module Tech Bulletin.pdf

Good Evening Hiroshi,

I have some pictures, but I don't know how to embed them into this reply.  The mystery controller does not have any cylinder shapes on it like the 6 channel one does.  It is a completely square box.  I'm going to take the top apart again tomorrow to get the name of the part. 

I could not open up the DSI.pdf at all.  This web site says that the page does not exist when I click on the link. 

Cheers.

HI All.   The two units under the left hand side are the 6 channel ignitor using only 5 of them for the 4 burners and the 1 center grill.  The other module is the "Gas Simmer Controller Model SQ005 for the two LHS burners with the extra low function. 

I'm going to just pull apart the back of the oven and try to locate the DSI for the oven later this evening.  If anyone else knows where it is, before I start taking apart the back, please let me know.