Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest whiteice

kitchen stove

8 posts in this topic

hey   i have a new stove bought last year it stainless steel and it doesnt seem to want to work   the elements wont go on.   i checked the fuses in the stove and there all good   and i checked the main fuse box and  that fuse was okay to.   the clock on the stove works when the element is turned to the on position but soon as i turn it to the off position it goes off.  could it be the plug in or the wiring it self

whiteice

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Brand, model and serial numbers...........

Are you saying the surface units do not work AND the bake and broil do not work?

Is it gas or electric?

If it's electric, you probably have a power supply problem or a wire burned off between the breaker and the stoves terminal block.

Nick

its a maytag stove   and yes none of the top burners or the oven doesnt work.   if its a wire burnt out  do you have to change the hole wire going from fuse box to stove block.

Measure the supply voltage at your range outlet.  The photos on this page will show you what to measure and where.  This page will teach you how to measure. 

This page will ask for the Model and Serial numbers again...............:bathead:

Hey, I thought *I* was the cranky one around here!  :laughing:

Well, you are not the only one allowed to have all of the fun in here, are you???  :silly: