Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

kamikaze range burner adjustment

activa

I have an old Wolf "Snorkler" commercial range in my home.

Ok let's get this out of the way first. No, I'm not a licensed appliance and/or gas repairman. No, the stove wasn't installed by a licensed technician. Yes, this is a commercial stove installed in a private residence. Yes, I'm aware of the risks. No, my insurance company doesn't know about it. Yes, I am aware I could burn my house to the ground, or have my insurance revoked, or trip and fall as I enter the kitchen and scrape my shin. Or have my self-esteem lowered. Yes, I am an adult and am willing to take responsibility for my own actions.

If any of this offends you (or your panty-waisted lawyers) please just close the tab or click away.

Thanks, now for the adults in the room...

We installed the stove about 8 years ago and it's been working fine BUT... it was never correctly adjusted. I replaced the orifices and regulator with the recommended parts from Dvorsons. But the flames have always been too high and too yellow/sooty. We've lived with it by just keeping the burner turned down, but I'd like to (FINALLY) make the adjustments so it works correctly.

The regulator is rated for 5.0" to 12.0", and is set to the lowest pressure. The shutters are wide open. Is there some flow adjustment in the controls, or another setting I'm not aware of?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• activa

• Hiroshi

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be that you have the regulator/flow dialed too far down, on a welding rig, you have to turn up the oxygen after lighting the acetylene to achieve a "neutral flame." You should set the regulator at the normal set-point for residential service (@ 11) and start adjusting the flame shutters from there... You want the burners to be just on the edge of "blowing." That being the flame starts to come away from the body of the burner as forcefully as it can while still staying lit and neutral- I would use that rationale while zeroing this puppy in. Afterwards, invite a few lawyers over for a barbeque, serve pig, then accuse them all of cannibalism!

:spacecraft:

"Afterwards, invite a few lawyers over for a barbeque, serve pig, then accuse them all of cannibalism! " LOL

Probably just easier to start the barbeque, I imagine the smell will bring them in ;-)

So I messed with the regulator but it didn't make much of a difference. I'm thinking there must be some kind of flow adjustment on it somewhere? Can't figure it out.