Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag Gemini MER6770 AAW top burners not working

rebrake

Have some friends staying at my beach house and they said my stove had a message "circuit interrupted" and all burners are not working on the electric oven. I searched and cannot find what is causing this but I'm hoping it's not a particularly hard fix. I had them check the breakers, leave it off from 10 minutes ,but still not working. Both ovens still work fine, just all four stove top burners not working. Any ideas on what part is causing the issue? I know trouble shooting parts would be idea but the house is over two hours away and i would like to pickup the part here in the city and drive down to repair so I don't have to drive hours back for parts.

Thanks for any help or advice!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiroshi

• evaappliance

• rebrake

• vee8power

very strange ! most calls are about the eyes working and the oven not. you will have to start at the terminal block where the power cord hooks on . that is where the power splits off ,one wire to the eye switches and one to the oven control.  secondly and less likely , there is a big quick disconnect for all the eyes under the top , but usually when that gets a bad connection just one or two eyes don't work. hope that helps get you started.

Thank for for the responses... Hiroshi, the link did not open for me. Do you have another link or part number?

9 hours ago, rebrake said:

Thank for for the responses... Hiroshi, the link did not open for me. Do you have another link or part number?

The reader file opens for me.

14 hours ago, Hiroshi said:

There is a 15 amp "mini-breaker" shown in the L2 side of the circuit that would affect the cooktop...

According to this  schematic, that breaker is in a circuit with only the 120 volt outlet. There is however a top lock switch that turns on a relay for the surface burner. It must be a function of the clock/control.

OH heck, I was looking at L1 and L2 and didn't even note the outlet was labeled 120V! Nice catch Vee8!

Yeah, same result of no burner function... Is there an Icon in the display that looks a dice with the number four showing?

I'm a fool, now I see what I did wrong, I believe that wiring diagram may be for the Canadian version...(C*) on that first diagram.

Canada always has extra safety devices to protect their valued citizens...

MER6770-01_cov.pdf

I thought I was going crazy . sold and worked on these for many years and have never seen a inline fuse :huh:

on the proper diagram there does not seem to be a cooktop disable type device... I read the service manual and there is a control lock feature, but no mention of a cooktop lock-out feature...

1 hour ago, Hiroshi said:

on the proper diagram there does not seem to be a cooktop disable type device... I read the service manual and there is a control lock feature, but no mention of a cooktop lock-out feature...

agreed

Unfortunately, there is no ONE part I can point at that would choke-off all the surface elements without also affecting the ovens... It is going to be a meter job, voltage checks all leading to the cooktop

Thanks for the reply's! Fixed the problem. Ended up being one of the wires at the terminal block that must have been loose and arced through the wiring.