Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG LMX25964ST Fridge not cooling enough

electrodummy

electrodummy

Done everything I can find on this forum and on youtube.

LG fridge is staying at 44 degrees no matter what the temperature is set for (currently set for 34 degrees).

Freezer compartment is set for -6 degrees, and yet is always at 18 degrees.

My readings are from a refrigerator thermometer that has been confirmed as accurate. Also, used a pointed laser reader and found similar temperatures. 

The coils are slightly dusty, but nothing I would consider "blocked".

The compressor seems to be running almost all the time.

The house temperature is currently around 78 degrees, but this condition was occurring in cooler weather as well.

I have run the test sequence from pushing the button on the mother board. Both fans run at the same rate in test mode as in normal mode, so they seem to be ok. The fridge fan is a slight breeze, while the freezer fan is quite obvious. There is an ice-maker in the left door of the fridge, and there's strong air flow coming from the freezer into it as well. Tough I have noticed sometimes the ice is not super frozen.

My first indication that something was wrong was I had ice cream that was basically soft serve. And I noticed putting a beef brisket in the freeze it took more than a full day to freeze solid.

Both fidge and freezer compartments are pretty full, especially the freezer compartment. But, I have tried partially, emptying them to see if this improved performance and it didn't seem to matter.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• electrodummy

• lvasquez11

• BrewHobbyTech

Have you checked frost pattern on evaporators .

LG has a 7 n 10 year warranty for parts only. Check your owners manual.

electrodummy

Hum, no I haven't what should I look for here?

New symptom: the ice maker is intermittently not making ice. I was getting it to recycle by turning the power off and then back on, but that doesn't seem to be working anymore either.

electrodummy

I assume you have to remove the freezer drawers, and tracks to get access to it?

BrewHobbyTech
On 7/30/2016 at 1:17 AM, lvasquez11 said:

Sounds a seal system failure 

I'd say that would be about a 90% probability.......but I'm not a 100% yet......these pieces of crap are a beast.......not a whole lotta people are willing to work on these........dual evaporators and a lot of bells and whistles........space shuttle technology that's incorporated into chilling/freezing food.......which is about as basic as it gets.........it's insane........ 

hey.....is your condenser fan and evaporator fans running?? It does sound like a system problem(a leak) which is common. I've been telling people for years that these are $2K-3K paper weights. Yeah, they may work okay for a year or three....but when they break down......good freaking luck getting service....and/or actually getting them repaired. I know Sears for the most part is, and has not been honoring the 10 year sealed system warranty...........I don't blame them, they were screwed and lied to also......so don't blame them........unless someone can show me evidence to the contrary........hey, nobody likes getting the shaft.......anyway....that's my opinion........but, I actually do know something about these paper weights, and have repaired a number of them, So, any questions.....just ask.......