Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

KitchenAid KSJR25FXMS 02 ice maker w10272870 issues

JRH13

Hello

My ice maker quit working a few days ago and I have been searching the internet to find a solution. After several tries, I found your video on inserting a jumper wire into the ice maker to see if it works, and it did! Now, I am not sure what to do next. I should say that there were frozen cubes in the tray when I inserted the jumper, so I am getting water to the tray, so that is good. I just don't know why the maker would not eject the cubes. I am guessing I cannot leave the jumper wire in the side of the unit, but I am stumped as to what to do next. The number on the ice maker is w10272870.

Thanks for your help so far, I love the video!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JRH13

• Hiroshi

• johntech

Top Posters In This Topic

First step is to:

1. Use an accurate thermometer to measure the temp in the icemaker section, unit won't harvest until it is 13 degrees F or less
  2. There is a fan that needs to blow cold air onto the icemaker, is it operating?
  3. When you jumpered the unit, you bypassed the thermostat to "trick" the icemaker into harvesting...
  4. You are correct, do not leave the jumper in place or bad things will happen (overflowing)
Edited by Hiroshi
spelling

Thanks for your reply.

Okay, I pulled the jumper and the tray has refilled. The fan is blowing, but I don't have a thermometer to put in. Does the front door assembly have to be on for it to work? I haven't put it back on, just in case I have to pull the ice maker out again,

Without knowing the temperature you will not be able to accurately diagnose your machine. You could buy an ice maker but if the temps are too warm then the new one will not work either. A thermometer is much cheaper then a service call for an appliance company. You can pick up a pocket dial thermometer for $3.00 - $10.00 online or at a hard ware store. Not sure what you mean by the front door assembly and your model number does not pull up as a good number. If you are referring to a door Inside the freezer then I would put it back on it can effect air flow which will effect temps. If the temps are good and the ice maker filled with water when you inserted the jumper then you will need a new ice maker.