Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
BigDaddRock

Kitchenaid Refrigerator in SxS is too cold

6 posts in this topic

Model Number KSBS2SFJBL01

Three year old Kitchenaid Side by Side Refrigerator. Temperature in refrigerator is too cold, even though setting for refrigerator compartment is at lowest level.

Freezer is at perfect 0 degrees. Any suggestions?

I was told that this was a common problem with these refrigerators and that there might be some replacement unit for the air exchange unit between the freezer and the refrigerator.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello, my frigid friend.  While I am not aware of a problems relating to the air baffle for this particular refrigerator, I have seen numerous problems with the thermistor, which senses the temperature for the electronic control board.  May I recommend that you being your investigation by measuring the continuity of the refrigerator thermistor?  Very well then I recommend that you being your investigation by measuring the continuity of the refrigerator thermistor. 

Perfect 0 freezer friend. What is temperature of the too cold refrigerator?:?

Plenty of issues with these diffusers, they tend to freeze up and when the motor tries to open/close, it breaks the very thin plastic baffle. I'd tend to look at it first and see if the baffle is fully open/closed.

I had one of these a while back.   Fresh food side was warm.  Found some ice on the baffle, defrosted it, checked the fridge out,  reset the fridge and called it complete.   I figured maybe a door was left open and that would account for the ice.  Got a go back a few weeks later:(.  This time the damper motor was bad.  I managed to force the baffles about 1/2 open and ordered a new damper.

Why 1/2?  Because the normal setting on just about every refrigerator I've ever seen is half way.  If it goes up to C, normal is B.  If its Off thru 9, normal is 5.  and so on and so on.

When I got back with the new motor, the customer informed me it worked fine in my absence.   Hhhmmmm. 

The refrigerator compartment (in the bottom crisper) has varied from 32 to 38 degrees, and the setting is on the warmest allowed.