LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Frigidaire Dehumidifier FFAD7033R10 F0 Error Code Troubleshooting

Rjkd12

Thank you again, Hiroshi San.  That was my understanding.  The next step is to convince Frigidaire that the 5 year refrigerant loss warranty covers the machine!

GW

• 2 weeks later...

Well obviously I have the same exact problem...and cleaning out the temp sensor didnt help. The compressor runs hots for sometime but no cooling in coils no water collected.

Did frigidaire ever honor warranty on the refrigerant ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

This is a great thread and I have been having the same problems as described here. 

Mine is 2 yrs. old and out of warranty. I contacted Frigidaire support and they wouldn't help me b'se its out of warranty but, I got the technician to answer few questions. He mentioned about voltage and temperature variance as documented in F0 in the user guide and also went to say that this unit has no spares or he couldn't tell me anything more to troubleshoot and suggested to get a new unit. 

As suggested here, I tried cleaning up the copper sensor, replaced the main board (read that on a different appliance support web site) and the sensor (near the filter) and also moved the copper sensor now to the coldest part of the copper tube and don't notice any difference.  It still blows room temperature air and after two hours, stops, showing F0 and I don't even see water collected in the bucket or through the drain. 

Look forward to any suggestions. 

TIA, 

Dantu

As Hiroshi suggested, The compressor is on but no frost on the coils.. I am assuming mine is out of refrigerant. I just dumped it and got a Danby. 

• 1 month later...

I was in the market for a new dehumidifier and stumbled on this thread when looking for more information after reading about the “F0” code in some Frigidaire reviews.

After reading this thread it appears that many of the posts indicate the problem is most likely a result of loss of the refrigerant, at least in some cases.   It also appears that such failures have occurred in less than five years.  From what I have read in their warranty PDF file, such repairs  should be covered as it is part of the cooling system (compressor, tubing etc.)

Is Frigidaire saying that the “F0” has nothing to do with the cooling system?   It seems from the posts here that the “F0” code is a general failure code that could indicate a multitude of problems including possible compressor, refrigerant problems.  I do not understand how Frigidaire can refuse to do absolutely nothing under warranty between years 1 through 5 until they know for certain the cooling system is not the problem.   In particular, after Dantus replaced the control board, sensor etc., I would think there is a real good chance that the problem is in the cooling system and covered under the five year warranty.    What am I missing?

Helen- thanks for the advice and insight you provided.  You were spot on.  My unit kept shutting off after about 30-60 minutes and displaying error code F0 until I detached and moved the sensor exactly as you described.  Problem solved!  RJ- thank you for the photos and arrows.  Could not have made the easy fix without them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 10:16 PM, PK232 said:

I was in the market for a new dehumidifier and stumbled on this thread when looking for more information after reading about the “F0” code in some Frigidaire reviews.

After reading this thread it appears that many of the posts indicate the problem is most likely a result of loss of the refrigerant, at least in some cases.   It also appears that such failures have occurred in less than five years.  From what I have read in their warranty PDF file, such repairs  should be covered as it is part of the cooling system (compressor, tubing etc.)

Is Frigidaire saying that the “F0” has nothing to do with the cooling system?   It seems from the posts here that the “F0” code is a general failure code that could indicate a multitude of problems including possible compressor, refrigerant problems.  I do not understand how Frigidaire can refuse to do absolutely nothing under warranty between years 1 through 5 until they know for certain the cooling system is not the problem.   In particular, after Dantus replaced the control board, sensor etc., I would think there is a real good chance that the problem is in the cooling system and covered under the five year warranty.    What am I missing?

Is there any techs familiar enough the the "F0" code that address the questions and concerns of the last paragraph? 

Except for "F0" code, the Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 seems like it has good marks.  Unfortunately from the negative comments it appears that Frigidaire is saying that any "F0" error falls outside the 1 year year limit and won't even consider that it is the sealed system that failed which has a 5 year warranty.   I do not understand if it runs for a year or more and then just runs and runs without getting cold that it is not the anything but the sealed system covered under the fiver year warranty.   The fact that you move the sensor to the one area of evaporator that is still getting cold and it cycles correctly  only proves to me that the controls and sensors are working correctly but there is still a possible problem with the sealed system   Is Frigidaire saying that there has to be a different code than "F0" for there to be a problem with the sealed system..

• 1 month later...

There is a lot of good information here.  I'm struggling to remove the back of my dehumidifier.  I removed all 6 screws (3 per side) but not finding it easy to remove the back panel from the top piece.  Is there a screw I'm not seeing for I don't want to crack the back or top removing the back.

• 3 months later...

On my 2nd failed Fridgidaire Dehumidifier in less than a year and a half... These have the "Best" rating on them at Humidifier WEB and Amazon's Top Pick. Works great when it works and is super quiet. This is the 50 Pint Model #FFAD5033R1. Don't know if the 70 Pint Unit would be more dependable or not?

• 2 months later...

Just an update, my 3 year old Frigidare dehumidifier (70 pint model) has started the F0 error code saga with me.  Rather than fool with it I called the Frigidaire support line and they passed me to Electrolux support (they support the dehumidifier).  I gave them my serial number, they asked me when I bought it and I told them it was manufactured in Aug 2015.  They asked if I had checked outlet voltage and I said yes.  At that point they said that apparently the refrigerant unit has failed and under the terms of the 5 year warranty, they will replace the unit with a new one.  I was shocked that it was so easy and I think they know that the F0 is the kiss of death.  I will get a call Monday regarding delivery and verification of the shipment address.  So before any of you pay or try to fix this, give Frigidaire a call and if you are within the 5 year window, you probably will get a new dehumidifier shipped to you.

James12345

I purchased a Frigidaire dehumidifier (70 pints) on September 16, 2016 and it started getting the F0 error yesterday.  I went through the troubleshooting suggestions in this thread but nothing worked.  The unit would run for about 30 minutes and the F0 error would appear.  I called the support number on the dehumidifier label (800-944-9044) and after going through all the different prompts, I reached Electrolux customer care.  They registered my dehumidifier and the support representative put me on hold for about 3 minutes.  She came back and said my unit would be replaced and someone will be calling me in 1-2 business days.  Just like the previous poster (Wombat), I was a little shocked it was this easy.  From what I read in this post and others, I thought I would have to buy a new dehumidifier.

I purchased this dehumidifier on July 8th, 2017  and last week it began showing the F0 error code.  I had the exact same experience as Wombat and James and I am waiting for the call to arrange the exchange for a new one (the rep said they will be taking back the old one).  I guess whatever the problem is it isn't worth it to them to take it to one of their authorized repair people.  I will check back after I get the new unit.  Wombat, any update on receiving a call from the rep and/or receiving the new unit?

On 5/11/2018 at 10:34 PM, Wombat said:

Just an update, my 3 year old Frigidare dehumidifier (70 pint model) has started the F0 error code saga with me.  Rather than fool with it I called the Frigidaire support line and they passed me to Electrolux support (they support the dehumidifier).  I gave them my serial number, they asked me when I bought it and I told them it was manufactured in Aug 2015.  They asked if I had checked outlet voltage and I said yes.  At that point they said that apparently the refrigerant unit has failed and under the terms of the 5 year warranty, they will replace the unit with a new one.  I was shocked that it was so easy and I think they know that the F0 is the kiss of death.  I will get a call Monday regarding delivery and verification of the shipment address.  So before any of you pay or try to fix this, give Frigidaire a call and if you are within the 5 year window, you probably will get a new dehumidifier shipped to you.

Green Blizzard

Wow, great advise.  I just called Electrolux CS again (877 435 3287) with these new insights and simply started the conversation with a request for a replacement.  CS didn't even blink and started the process at their end.   I had previously registered the product, (luckily) and the appliance was less than 2 years old, so after quickly pulling up my account, it was processed. I was informed that there are a few more steps and I was told to expect a call back to coordinate the next step, whatever that is.  But so far, it's going swimmingly.  Good for Frigedaire and Electrolux, great CS so far.  Fingers crossed.

Thanks to all that posted.  I was having the same F0 code issue with my 50 pint dehumidifier (Model: FFAD5033R1) and realized it was just 5 days left under warranty.  Called and they are reaching out to the store where I purchased the dehumidifier to setup a replacement.

Thank you all for posting here.... this feels like fresh air.  I also tried calling customer service that was posted on the sticker (800-944-9044) but did not have much luck with that rep, I was told that its past the 1 year limited warranty (even though it failed in its first year -  purchased my product in Jun 2016 and it died 11 months later).

So I called the second number that was posted (877 435 3287) and that turned out much better - after few questions on operating temperature and voltage, the rep said that this product would be replaced and to expect a call in 2 business days. So fingers crossed... has anyone heard back from them ?

James12345

Anyone get a call from Electrolux within the 2 business days?  For me, it's getting to the end of the second business day and I haven't received a call yet.  I called the support number again to get an update and the rep told me the status of my account hasn't changed.  She said because of Mother's Day, they might be one day behind.  I think she was just trying to tell me something to end the call.

James12345

Today is the 4th business day since I first called about the F0 error.  I didn't get a call back yet so I called Electrolux support again.  They told me that a buy back letter was sent today to tell me what I need to do.  Instead of waiting a week to receive the letter, I asked the rep to email the letter to me.  The letter says that Frigidaire will buy back the dehumidifier for the full purchase price excluding tax, delivery and installation charges.  To accept the offer, I need to mail them within 30 days the original receipt and serial tag from the unit.  The rep told me that after they receive the documents and the buy back is approved, they will send me a debit card 3 weeks later.

I just had this same issue with my dehumidifier. Called the support line and they said the buy back letter will arrive after 7 business days. Then it will have instructions on sending the unit back. Of course they will not refund the tax or the shipping cost of the unit which I think is a bit absurd as it seems this is a common issue many people are having. It figures this all happens right after the 1 year warranty expires, seems a bit suspicious. I think I will just buy a new one and save my self the trouble of paying to send this one back. Let me know if anyone finds a quick fix for this F0 fault, my only solution is to keep unplug and replug in every 20-30min. 

Wow, this thread has really taken on a life of its own! Its fun to read.

I also called customer service for the warranty. They wanted the original receipt, which I didn't have. I did have an email stating the price though. I also expressed disappointment about the lack of refunding tax or shipping, and was told that without a receipt I'll write in what I paid on their form, on the honor system. So I upped the price to what I legitimately paid to cover the total cost. Then I bought a new, smaller one. I haven't used it for a while and will plug it in soon, I hope it works!

This being a repair forum and not a refund forum, I'm still always interested if anyone has a deeper explanation of this error and/or how it might be fixed (even if fixing it would not be worth it due to time/money). So I'll always click on replies to this thread in the hopes that someone has a detailed explanation of whats going on in this scenario!

One last comment to Calvn, and anyone else who has a similar idea about unplugging it and plugging it back in. I'm no expert here, but my coils never frosted up and I had minimal cooling, if any. No water was condensing, that's for sure. My F0 happened when the compressor got very hot, so if you have the same situation, unplugging it and plugging it back in won't dehumidify anything.

-RJ

I moved the sensor as described in the fix and it worked.  The compressor kicks in and the fan runs without getting the F0 code again.  Problem is that the coils aren't cooling and no water is collecting so it looks like my unit is done for.  I was hoping to get the refund AND be able to fix it but it looks like I am out of refrigerant so it will have to go in the trash.  Just got confirmation from certified mail that my envelope with the receipt and sticker arrived today so let's see how long it takes to get the check.

OliverWhite

I also am getting the F0 code. I would like to take apart the dehumidifier and try to clean and/or move the sensor, but I cannot figure out how to get the back panel off. How do I remove the back panel to get to the coil? Is there a diagram somewhere? I have removed six screw so far, but the back panel is not loose. Thank you for any help that you can provide!

I have had this unit for two years, and it has quit working. I have an old Montgomery Wards dehumidifier that is 44 years old and it still works!

OliverWhite
On 6/1/2018 at 1:01 PM, slukster said:

I moved the sensor as described in the fix and it worked.  The compressor kicks in and the fan runs without getting the F0 code again.  Problem is that the coils aren't cooling and no water is collecting so it looks like my unit is done for.  I was hoping to get the refund AND be able to fix it but it looks like I am out of refrigerant so it will have to go in the trash.  Just got confirmation from certified mail that my envelope with the receipt and sticker arrived today so let's see how long it takes to get the check.

Where is the process for moving the sensor described? How do I remove the shell so that I can get to the coil? I removed six screws, but nothing came loose. Thank you for any help that you can provide!

Wow!  You guys are great.  Just talked to Exectrolux and someone will call me within three days to ship a replacement.  She only asked serial number and where I purchased it (Amazon).

Purchased in October 2016, the F0 probably started around October 2017.  But, being a card holder of the National Procrastinator's Club, I didn't start researching the issue until 2 weeks ago.  Since then, I've cleaned the sensor (thanks Helen) and found rust everywhere below the sensor.  Alas, it did not help; I still got F0 within 30 minutes.  The only think that would make it start working again was to unplug it and plug it back in.  << ?️ Brainstorm ⛈️ >>  Since then and for the past week, I have had the dehumidifier pluggind into a 'smart plug' that cycles ON at the top of the hour, and OFF at the bottom of the hour.  (Heck, it's going to F0 within that half hour anyway!)  The basement has been dry ever since.  No more condensation on the doors and windows.  SO - for a temporary solution to the F0 blues, put it on a timer that cycles On and Off.  Then call Electrolux with your serial number.

Wish I could edit what I just posted... forgot to say to Oliver (if I remember correctly) there is a seventh screw in the front of the unit (remove water bucket), then pry a plastic knife (as not to damage) between the front and back panels starting at the bottom and working your way to the top.  It's a tight one but pops apart.

Also, for what it's worth, I do not use the bucket... I have a hose drain directly into a floor drain.

OliverWhite

Thank you for the reply Frank! I took out four more screws at the bottom of the front side of the dehumidifier, and pressed a putty knife into the seam to split the shell. I cleaned the sensor, but determined that I still had a problem. The fan runs and the compressor starts, but the condenser coil doesn’t get cold, and not a drop of water goes into the bucket. In less than a 1/2 hour, the F0 code appears. I believe that the refrigerant has leaked out. I saw a green stain on the plastic below the condenser coil. I wonder if a refrigerant leak would cause that. I’ll call Electrolux tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get a warranty replacement- purchased in May 2016.